New HRXOwner here!

dortyc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all. I’ve had a toro personal pace lawnmower for about 15 yrs. now that the toro was finally ready to be passed down to it’s new starter homeowner,I’ve decided to go with Honda. After my first mow with it I did notice way more grass inside that I would like to have had in the full mulch mode that is getting through the clip director. Looks like there is a significant gap in there letting grass clippings through. I did see a previous post on this issue, but wanted to know if anyone that might have taken their mower back to the dealer to get this corrected as I don’t want to go making any kind of modifications to a brand new mower or really nor should I have to at this point.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome: Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section.

gotomow

Threads
With the clip director setting all the way to mulch, there should be no gap and nothing should get through.

magbarn

Threads
That’s a “bug” of the clip director. Have gone through 3 hrx mowers and all 3 had grass in their despit on 100% mulch mode. I usually hit it with my blower before putting it back on the truck.

gotomow

Threads
Guess my 3 year old HRX is "bug" free. I held up the discharge guard with a bungee cord and mowed in the mulch setting. Mine seals very well with no cuttings exiting the chute. So it is possible to have one that does close off completely in the mulch setting.

HRX217HZA

Threads
Mine gets grass in there too.

(Guess I should try to adjust it)

I just flip it to bag when I get done mulching (without the bag on) and engage the blade and it blows the excess out.