Snapper pro s50xt vs. Toro titan hd 1500

cals400ex

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in the process of getting a new zero turn. Here is my situation:
-Will be used for light duty residential use, less than an hour of run-time per week.
-Only want a 48" deck.
-Will only mow ~1/4-1/2 acre, but it is hilly and there are some obstacles to mow around.
-I want new, not used.
-Both are around $5000, which is what I'm pretty firm on.
-Snapper and Toro dealers are in the area, neither do I know a lot about.
-I'm looking for the best in terms of reliability, easiest to work on when it does need maintenance, cut quality, ride quality, resale value, ease of use, etc.
-The specs seem fairly similar. The toro does weigh more and has larger tires - Does that mean it will have an improved ride, be more stable on hills, and have more traction on hilly terrain?

Snapper:
-Brigs 25 HP or a 19 HP kawasaki engine (the later is a couple hundred more expensive)
-Warranty: 4yr/500hr
-48" deck
-Tires: Front- 11 x 4-5"; Rear-20 x 10-10"
-Spindles- Cast-aluminum, greaseable
-Frame rail- 1.5 x 2, 11-gauge
-3100 transmission
-Dry weight: 688 lbs
-10-gauge, fabricated, double top deck, double reinforced side skirts, overlap welded corners

Toro:
-24.5HP toro 708cc engine
-Warranty: 4yr/500hr
-48" deck
-Tires: Front 13" x 6.5" - 6" Cage Bearing / Rear 22" x 9.5" - 12" diameter rim
-Spindle bearings: 8” (20.32 cm) Alum Sealed Ball Bearings, 1” (2.54 cm) Shaft
-3" x 2" tubular frame
-3100 transmission
-7/10-gauge steel TURBO FORCE® cutting deck
-Weight- >900 lbs?? I've read this but I'm not 100% sure...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Snapper because it has an engine you can buy parts for.

cals400ex

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you referring to their Kawasaki or brigs engine?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can buy parts for either Briggs or Kawasaki engines without any problems. The Toro engine on the other hand is made by Lincoln and I do not believe that anybody except for Toro sells parts for it at least I haven't been able to find any.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can buy parts for either Briggs or Kawasaki engines without any problems. The Toro engine on the other hand is made by Lincoln and I do not believe that anybody except for Toro sells parts for it at least I haven't been able to find any.

I believe it's Loncin not Lincoln. But whatever. Doesn't detract from your point.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would go for the Toro, that dealer would be able to get you any parts you need, so what would be the problem. The Loncin engine has been a very reliable engine.

cals400ex

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like the toro is very similar to the exmark radius s-series. It's exhausting looking up the "best" zero turn.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you would go for the Toro, that dealer would be able to get you any parts you need, so what would be the problem. The Loncin engine has been a very reliable engine.

I do not have a problem with the engine I have a problem being tied to one vendor.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Then say that. You’ll be tied to the vender when you get unit parts, so what is the difference?