Need help can't get mower started, fuel is not getting to carb.

Alaska_Guy

Threads
  • / Need help can't get mower started, fuel is not getting to carb.
Long story short... Mower died last year and I had to jerry rig it with a 5 gallon can and a piece of hose from the pump to the can. Tractor ran again. I crawled up under the machine today removed the old line that was rotted and replaced it with a single piece of fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump. I cleaned out the tank and verified it was clean with nothing in the tank. I go to start the tractor and it wont fire. I use my gas can with hose method and she fires right up.

I tried using a vacuum gun to try and pull fuel from the tank to the pump side (gun on the pump side by the engine). I got my gun full of fuel but it still wont start, was also taking about 20hg of vacuum to get fuel through. Acting like its either kinked or a clog. I tried removing the gas cap and same symptom. I'm going crazy. There are no kinks in the line, the tank is CLEAN. I verified by blowing air from the engine side to the tank and there was no clogs, air goes into the fuel tank fine.

Ideas?!?!?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK,
We know it is driving you mad :confused2: but we can not help unless we know what engine and which fuel pump, actually the mower model number would be a big help too :laughing:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
That is a lot of restriction. Need to determine if that restriction is in the tank to fuel pump or in the fuel pump itself. Shouldn't have very much restriction from the tank pickup through the fuel pump so someplace in that system is were the problem is.

Alaska_Guy

Threads
Found the problem. Had the wife helping me and when she set the gas tank down she managed to pinch the line right at the outlet at the tank. I was able to reseat the tank properly and the mower is alive once again!