Better ride quality?

retfr8flyr

Threads
I have a Raptor SD 48 and I am looking for a little softer ride, I have very bad arthritis in my back, that is getting worse, so I would like a softer ride. Do the flex forks work very well and does anyone know of a better seat, with good spring assist, that will fit the SD?

DK35vince

Threads
Try a suspension seat first.
Flex forks help take some of the sharpness out of the bumps, but don't help as much as the seat.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And if that is no good, upgrade to a full suspension mower.
No use killing yourself cutting the grass and the most expensive full suspension mower is a lot cheaper and less painful than a spinal fusion of hip replacement.
The other option for a softer ride is a Quad or ATV with a tow behind mower, again not cheap but neither is health care.

retfr8flyr

Threads

mhavanti

Threads
retfr8flyr,

I installed the Seat Warehouse suspension seat kit under my SD60 seat and it makes a huge improvement. I have the upgrade seat already and that rascal was trying to break my back which already has three fractures. Don't need any more back pain as it is.

So, I'm betting you'll love it.

Max

PS, When you install the seat, grab a couple of female spade connectors, a couple of male spade connectors, some 14 gauge wire, to extend the seat switch harness and some 1/4" fuel hose to make a soft edge all the way around the opening in the seat deck so the harness doesn't fray. I also added a seat belt to help hold me back into the seat to keep my back straighter or in line so the bumps doesn't hurt the back as much. Here are the wiring harness extension and you'll see the abrasion guard (fuel hose) I placed around the seat base hole. Had to get more hose to make it go all the way around although what you see in the photo is more than sufficient.

Seat Belt & Suspension Seat Kit.jpgSeat Safety Switch Harness Extension and Abrasion Guard installation.jpgSeat Safety Switch Harness Extension and Abrasion Guard installation 2.jpg

retfr8flyr

Threads
Well I got my spring assisted sear from Seat Warehouse and installed it, what an amazing difference. You just can't believe such a simple addition could make such a difference. I also ordered the flex forks and they will be here this week. I don't expect as much from them as I got from the seat but with them both installed, I think I will be able to cut my yard with a lot less pain.

mhavanti

Threads
Earl,

Can't wait to hear how you feel about the flex forks. I just can't bring myself to pay that much for them without seeing them and feeling them in action. Let us all know how they work out for you brother.

Max

retfr8flyr

Threads
Will do, I just got an email from the place I ordered from and they ran out of stock. Said they should have more in the end of the week and will ship when they have them. When I get to give them a try I'll report back.

mhavanti

Threads
Earl,

Did you order it from an individual or a dealer? What did they hit you for them if you don't mind me asking. If you prefer not replying here. Send me a private message or email me at mhavanti@yahoo.com if you don't mind.

Hope you get them fairly soon and they work great for you.

Thanks in advance,

Max