Better ride quality?

mhavanti

Threads
You probably needed to turn it clockwise, not counter-clockwise. To help your ride, most likely it needed more than less spring.

mhavanti

Threads
Is this what you were reading on your installation instructions?

FORE/AFT ADJUSTERS and SUSPENSION KITS

If the seat is to be installed with fore/aft adjusters and or a suspension kit. Mount the adjusters to the seat bottom using the mounting bolts described above, then secure to the suspension kit. Orient the adjuster handle and weight adjustment handle to properly project out the front side of the seat. This handle can be used to unlock the adjusters, which will allow the seat to slide backwards and forward to a comfortable latched position for the operator. Check to ensure that the seat or suspension kit does not strike any part of the cab, wiring or any of the controls as it is moved through the fore/aft stroke. Ensure the seat is locked in place before operating the equipment. Do not operate the adjusters while the equipment is moving. Do not operate the equipment if the adjusters are loose, broken, or malfunctioning.

The installer must ensure that the suspension is positioned and mounted properly so that the seat, safety belts, tether belts, tether mounting points and floor anchor points meet FMVSS 207/210 SEA standards and others when applicable. The installer must also ensure that there is adequate head clearance above the seat for the occupant while the vehicle/machine is in motion. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH.

bige1919

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, my instructions say:

"Bolt slide tracks to the bottom of the suspension. If your machine is not equipped with slide tracks, then spacers will be needed to mount the suspension to the machine. This will allow it to move up and down freely. Approx 3/4 inch will be sufficient."

Also I just spoke with customer service at seat warehouse, they confirmed slide tracks or spacers are needed for hustler raptors underneath the suspension. They sell slide tracks and longer wires specifically for hustler raptors. I think i'm going to get the slide tracks so I can move the seat back and forth as needed.

So if you think it feels good now bolted directly to the base, it might feel even better if you add spacers or slide tracks.

mhavanti

Threads
Mine doesn't mention the need of spacers. However, it can't hurt to give that a try. Although it is already higher than I'd like it, I guess another half an inch couldn't hurt.

mhavanti

Threads
Just got off the phone with Seat Warehouse myself. The lady was very nice. Is going to have to find out exactly how much downward travel the seat suspension kit requires to be totally free of bottoming out on the Raptor seat deck. She said their seat suspension kit requires one inch of movement, however, she did not know if that was one inch of aggregate movement which includes half inch upward and half inch downward.

She is going to the manufacturer business owner and the engineer and will be sending me an email to cover it in writing.

It turns out the seat kit I received was not the same as you received which is the newly specific to the Raptor. Mine was purchased back in January before the seat adjustment track and wiring harness extension was included.

I will remove and replace my seat in order to give it the required travel and do another video and this time make sure there is plenty of coverage on the video and why the downward travel is necessary.

Thanks for the head's up.

Max

bige1919

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine doesn't mention the need of spacers. However, it can't hurt to give that a try. Although it is already higher than I'd like it, I guess another half an inch couldn't hurt.

Yeah, I don't really want make mine any higher either. I already added spacers between the seat and the suspension so the the kill switch had enough room, and with the seat in the middle location, the bars hit the arm rests when I go into reverse. I'm on the shorter side and don't like the seat all the way back, so i guess I just won't be using the armrests after installing the slide rails also. It will be worth it if it saves my back though :)

mhavanti

Threads
Thought I might add the mounting instructions for a Raptor SD for those interested in the factory suggested installation. I'm giving thought to making a recessed mounting plate brackets to lower the mounting plate and inch and a half so that the raised seat with suspension kit will then come closer to the original height, although it will still be higher.

As I get to that, I'll make drawings and a video of how it is done.

Find below the link to the instructions and photos for the Raptor SD and stay tuned!

http://seat-warehouse.com/ product/seat-suspension-kit- assembly-fits-hustler-raptor- and-sport-zero-turn-mowers-xx/

bradmc

Threads
Yeah, I don't really want make mine any higher either. I already added spacers between the seat and the suspension so the the kill switch had enough room, and with the seat in the middle location, the bars hit the arm rests when I go into reverse. I'm on the shorter side and don't like the seat all the way back, so i guess I just won't be using the armrests after installing the slide rails also. It will be worth it if it saves my back though :)

@bige1919, what did you use as a spacer for the seat? I need to add them to mine as well. I can feel the pressure switch poking me through the seat, so it is surely hitting the suspension and I don't want to damage it.

mhavanti

Threads
Brad,

You can adjust your sticks forward a slight bit and make your arm rests available again. Put the seat where you want it first.

Good luck,

Max