Lawnmower will not run

Riley6411

Threads
The mower HAD great spark and compression before it seized

Riley6411

Threads
And an update on the mower that is seized it now has a hole in the side of the block and when moved a certain way the hole gets bigger
Any way to get it fixed or is it done
Sorry to ask dumb questions I’m only 15 and am new to small engine repair
Thanks for all the help

Threads
If it has a hole in the block then it is toast with a Capitol T........ Ok you have a L head engine but which one ??? How many HP 3.5 4 6 6.25 ???

Threads
Well go to a lawn mower shop or I can send you the parts and follow the video and fix it.......

Happy wrenching... I was working on mowers when I was 15 also ...............

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has a hole in the side of the block then it is deceased.
Deceased engines are the perfect things to pull apart cause no matter what you do you can't make it any worse.
So pull it down, note how everything goes together and put it back together a couple of times.
Sort of a jigsaw puzzel for big kids.
While it is apart, pull the piston off the rod then pull a ring off the piston.
use the bottom of the piston to push the ring into the bore & measure the gap at 1/2" intervals so you can work out where the bore is worn.
All good practice on a body that is already dead.
Look closely at all of the bits and try to work out why it broke.
Put some photos of the con rod, piston, inside & out, gudgeon pin up here if you like and ask some of the techs to explain how to read them.

It is one thing to be able to remove & replace damaged parts to get an engine running.
It is entirely a different thing to work out why it failed so the rebuilt engine does not suffer the same fate.