Repairs Has your zero turn mower pump drive belt come off?

yzkhhsj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I own a 2012 Scag tiger cat mower having over 800 hours. Recently, my pump drive belt became dislodged.
A couple days later I asked a Scag dealer mechanic if this was a recurring problem with Scag ztr mowers.
He answered no. When I pressed him about why this could happen, he stated that it is possible for small light weight objects (such as sweet gum balls) can actually become stuck inside and cause the belt to come off the pulleys. Has anyone else ever heard of this happening?

Luffydog

Threads
Yes happens all the time and hickory nuts shells to as well. Is this happening often or just this one time.

yzkhhsj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes happens all the time and hickory nuts shells to as well. Is this happening often or just this one time.

This has happened twice within the past year.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have them jump off from time to time when things get lodged in them. According to the book if I am not mistaken you should change the belt every 500 hours. I got over 500 on the first belt on all three of my Tiger Cats if memory serves me correctly. However I now get roughly 200 on them before they break.

This past week my oldest mower with over 1700 hours on it broke a deck belt and within 30 minutes broke the drive belt. Never seen a mower do that before.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

Sweats

Threads
Last week my drive belt took in a branch or stick and jumped out and over the tab on the front of the piece of metal that holds the battery in place. It sheared all the nubs off of the belt in about zero seconds. Made a hell of a noise. As my wife and I drove away from the dealer she said "Okay, no more $50.00 sticks for you". Ouch.