Honda 38/13 riding mower

colmusfamily

Forum Newbie
Threads
Honda 38/13 riding mower has been sitting under my porch roof for 3 years. My neighbor owned it and I bought it from him, recently. The first day I tried to start it, it would run as long as I was spraying Gumout in the carb. I drained the gas, took the carb off and cleaned it and decided to wait until the next day to try it again. It was getting gas the next day when I tried starting it but NO SPARK at all. I put new plugs in it but still no spark. I disconnected the kill wire going to the ignition coil but still no spark. I have not been able to work on it because I have been gone. I will be back, working on it next week. When I had it running the first day, with Gumout, I was not sitting on the seat but still getting spark to the plugs so perhaps that safety switch has been disconnected? I think it will be a good mower if I can get it running. It was built sometime between 1985 and 1989 and, basically, has a miniture automobile engine in it. I am wondering if there is a blown fuse that I'm missing, a relay, or switch, that may be cutting the spark from the coil??? The engine needs to be pulled in order to change the coil, which supplies the spark to both spark plugs. I don't want to pull the engine unless I have to. Is there something I'm missing??? Thank you!

Dick