T 1870 Kabota lawn tractor with 18hp Kawasaki engine.

l.mmarano@gmail.com

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / T 1870 Kabota lawn tractor with 18hp Kawasaki engine.
I'm having a problem with keeping it running good at idle. It will stay running when I put it at full throttle and it runs fine. Then when I throttle down to idle it will almost die then rev up again then almost die and rev up again and it keeps running like that till you turn the key off. Any suggestion?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Time to have the carb cleaned and rebuilt. Sounds like it sat all winter with old gas in it.

One1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm not familiar with this carb, but some carbs have a set of springs that hold the flap open in the throat of the carb. When the rpms increase it pulls against the flap opening it further and the tension of the springs pull it back. If the spring tension isn't correct it becomes a yo-yo effect. Rpms increase and tighten the springs, then springs pull back and lower the rpms. This dance goes back and forth as your engine roller coasters at idle. Inspect around the carb for your springs to be in good condition and match what your factory diagram shows.

If after a good cleaning your engine still does the fluctuations, this is a good place to start.