Repairs HRX217 leaking under air filter

ctron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a two year old HRX217 that, up until today, has had no issues. Today, after being in storage over the Winter, I started up and immediately noticed gas dripping from under the air filter near the front of it. The mower was running without issue, but I of course shut it off. Once I turned off the fuel feed line, the dripping stopped. I removed the two screws holding the assembly together and the gaskets seemed fine, so not sure what it could be. Any advice would be appreciated. Like I said, it's still running fine, one pull after Winter storage, but the gas dripping from the front of the air filter is definitely not good. Thanks in advance.

gotomow

Threads
2 years old it should still be under warranty, IMHO take it to the dealer.

ctron

Forum Newbie
Threads
2 years old it should still be under warranty, IMHO take it to the dealer.

I got it. It was a stuck float or pin. I just took off the bowl and moved it around a bit. Put it back together and no more leaks.

Threads
C tron you got lucky today doing that............ I have seen a lot of Honda carbs in my shop that leaked like that....

I only had one I couldn't fix..... I did the Q tip trick with FINE valve grinding compound and got the gum/varnish off of the brass seat that the needle sat in........

That's what people get for using ethanol gas in their mowers........ I have converted about 150 people in my area to NON etho gas in the last 2 years.......... I have had my shop open for almost 5 years now but have been pushing NON ETHO gas for the last 2 years... I have been working on small engines though since I was 15 years old.... Soooo A Looooong time LOL ~!~!

For their weedeaters and saws I tell them to use TRU FUEL pre mix..... They always stop by my shop and talk about how their stuff is still running great and they always have a couple beers in their ice chest to share............

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!

ctron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I did start using premixed fuel for my two cycle trimmer and blower about 3 years ago after having carb problems for years. Seemed to solve the issue. As for non-ethanol gas for the mower, being four cycle, I'm not sure how to go about finding that. Would it be "premium" gas at the gas station or ? I just used the last of my gas yesterday in the mower and time for refilling the storage tank, so the right time to ask. Thanks again.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks. I did start using premixed fuel for my two cycle trimmer and blower about 3 years ago after having carb problems for years. Seemed to solve the issue. As for non-ethanol gas for the mower, being four cycle, I'm not sure how to go about finding that. Would it be "premium" gas at the gas station or ? I just used the last of my gas yesterday in the mower and time for refilling the storage tank, so the right time to ask. Thanks again.

Even Premium grade has Ethanol, it states that right on the gas pumps, NON-Ethanol gas can usually be found at MOST boat marinas, ( lots of outboards were 2 cycle) and some RURAL stations have it .