Husqvarna zero-turn RZ3016 doesn't move after battery replacement...ideas?

Wakko

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna zero-turn RZ3016 doesn't move after battery replacement...ideas?
I apologize for my first post being a HELP question, but here goes: My folks are in Tennessee and I'm in Florida, so I'm a bit restricted how I can help from here. I was there two weeks ago and replaced the battery in their RZ3016. Mower worked fine before that, but now starts just fine but doesn't move when you move the control levers. When I removed the battery I took out the left bolt holding the seat and the two top bolts on that forward metal plate that was blocking the battery in. Sorry, I don't have a photo. I unplugged the right side control lever during the install, but of course plugged it back in and have double checked it. Everything is buttoned up as it should, but it simply doesn't work right. Any ideas? Thanks, guys.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you mean the engine stops dead when you try to move the levers then either the bake or seat switches are defective.
Some ZTR's will allow limited travel with the brake still on, others will kill the engine right off.

Now being that you removed the seat mount, the seat switch would be suspect No 1.
Sitting still engine off, try to turn on the blades.
If the seat switch is not working you will not hear the the clutch engage unless you are sitting in the seat.

Wakko

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, that's not it. It starts and runs just fine, but when you put either handle in either position (F or R), nothing happens at all. Motor runs fine.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Did you release the hydros to move it around while you were working on it?

Wakko

Forum Newbie
Threads
The only thing I did was unplug the right side wiring harness from the control lever. Naturally I've plugged it back in, then I double checked it. The rear locking levers (not sure what the technical term is) are not locked. Does that answer your question? I apologize, I'm not sure what the hydros are.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was talking about the release levers for the hydraulics that allows you to move the mower when it's not running...allows for manual transport. If those have been locked out into the tabs it won't operate. Sounds like you're saying they're not. Maybe it dropped the belt for the hydraulics?

Gearjammer

Threads
Sounds to me like the emer brake safety switch is not adjusted or faulty, if engine dies after trying to move handles.