the dealer says check oil with dip stick screwed in ?

JGGMC

Threads
  • / the dealer says check oil with dip stick screwed in ?
is this correct? I do not see any information in the manual. I do not see oil weight or how much. This must be a manual for all engines so no detailed info was used. lol

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Here. Note the difference for the different engines. http://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/OMM154566_D7/Output/OMM154566D711.html

Edit: Kawasaki recently updated their oil recommendations. For the warmer months I use straight 30 and fall I switch to 10w -30. Get ready for a debate. Mentioning oil always brings up divided opinions. I'll try to find the new kawi chart when I get home from work. And usually right around 2 quarts capacity.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What engine do you have. Different manufactures have different recommendations.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
He has a Kawi as mentioned in another thread of his. He discovered his oil level low with 2 hours on the machine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most of today’s Kawasaki engines run 10W-30 oil and you check the oil level WITHOUT screwing the dipstick in, just resting on top.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most of today’s Kawasaki engines run 10W-30 oil and you check the oil level WITHOUT screwing the dipstick in, just resting on top. If he would post his engine numbers it would be much easier to help him. But then again that would be asking to much, I should just read all his threads and hope they are related.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
My understanding is that Tecumseh and Briggs get screwed in and Kohler, Kawasaki, Honda and Robins/Subaru don't. Best to check your manual to be sure.

Edit - or you could just read what's printed on the dipstick. This is out of my Kawisaki FX691V.

Attachments

• IMG_20180423_214801165.jpg
    IMG_20180423_214801165.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

JGGMC

Threads
DSC01118.jpgDSC01109.jpg here areDSC01109.jpg the engine numbers

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Same engine as mine. Pull your dipstick. It's printed right on it how to check it :smile:

Dealer is wrong.

JGGMC

Threads
Same engine as mine. Pull your dipstick. It's printed right on it how to check it :smile:

Dealer is wrong.
I feel sure not enough oil was put in at the dealer. And the dealer told me to check the oil by screwing the dipstick in. I can handle it myself without the dealer. I have no faith in the dealer now. thanks for all the help.