the dealer says check oil with dip stick screwed in ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / the dealer says check oil with dip stick screwed in ?
well it looks like Darrly came to the rescue, thank goodness it doesn't have a harley engine on it, or you would be adding a quart everytime you mowed the lawn

Old Harleys don't leak, they just mark their spot, The Evos, (which is as new as I would ever own), don't even mark their spot, they just go.

tbzep

Threads
Same engine as mine. Pull your dipstick. It's printed right on it how to check it :smile:

Dealer is wrong.
Yep. My Kawi has it printed on it not to screw it in.

vintageman

Threads
is this correct? I do not see any information in the manual. I do not see oil weight or how much. This must be a manual for all engines so no detailed info was used. lol

On page 19 of the Kawasaki owners manual in the preparation section, states, "Insert the oil gauge into tube (B) WITHOUT SCREWING IT IN"

JGGMC

Threads
On page 19 of the Kawasaki owners manual in the preparation section, states, "Insert the oil gauge into tube (B) WITHOUT SCREWING IT IN"[/Q.

Last edited:

Luffydog

Threads
If you screw it down it will good but is really low on oil and if u don't screw it down it will be low and need to add to full mark. I wouldn't trust the dealer sounds like he doesn't know how to check the oil properly.