Raptor SD Battery tray broke

bradmc

Threads
I mowed for the first time this season yesterday. I was re-installing the battery since I had it in the garage on a charger to get ready for warm weather. As I was attaching the hold-down, I noticed it moving quite a bit. Then I figured out why. Both of the front-side mount points are broken. I have no idea how long it's been broken. I'm going to call my dealer about it today when he opens.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any chance this is a service bulletin issue like the trans brace was? If not, I'll see how much a replacement is. I may just weld it back together myself and call it done.

2018-04-22 17.19.09.jpg

2018-04-22 17.19.21.jpg

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I mowed for the first time this season yesterday. I was re-installing the battery since I had it in the garage on a charger to get ready for warm weather. As I was attaching the hold-down, I noticed it moving quite a bit. Then I figured out why. Both of the front-side mount points are broken. I have no idea how long it's been broken. I'm going to call my dealer about it today when he opens.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any chance this is a service bulletin issue like the trans brace was? If not, I'll see how much a replacement is. I may just weld it back together myself and call it done.

View attachment 37241

View attachment 37242

Although I'm NOT a Hustler owner, I've read here on the forums that Hustler was having a problem with the decks having "chipped" powder-coat problems and they offered free replacement decks, (NOT-CHEAP) so maybe .. ?? Be pleasant when talking to your dealer, he's the guy between you and the "Big-Kahuna's" .. Good luck !! ..:thumbsup: