Push mower running too...

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is all I can find for now, not sure if this is what you mean ...????

DSCN2052.jpg..DSCN2053.jpg..Briggs and stratton yard machine 500 series manual.png..DSCN2055.jpg..clay58_12.png..full-2772-9601-bs_9b502_governed_idle.png

Threads
Yes thank you Boo the 1st picture and second picture is perfect for Wolf to see how his is supposed to be.....

Wolf are you still with us Mon Ami ???

Il Engine how do you think that bracket got bent like that ??? For sure it wasn't a branch that hung up on it.... Maybe a corner of something hard that he went under or somebody did that to make the engine run a lil faster OUCH ........

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes thank you Boo the 1st picture and second picture is perfect for Wolf to see how his is supposed to be.....

Wolf are you still with us Mon Ami ???

Il Engine how do you think that bracket got bent like that ??? For sure it wasn't a branch that hung up on it.... Maybe a corner of something hard that he went under or somebody did that to make the engine run a lil faster OUCH ........

If it hung on something it took some force to do that. Considering there should of been a bolt into the fuel tank to stop that. So either the bolt came out, broke, or somebody did in on purpose.

Threads
Yes that confirms it........... Unless the tank bolt wasn't in there......... I have seen some crazy stuff in my lifetime on those engines...

I buy some from the scrap yard and see bread ties and all kind of springs from I don't know what holding the gov rod wide open all the time....

I get good sump covers and tanks with the carbs on them like that.... Plus Great frames to put a rebuilt engine on.........

I buy the whole mower for 4 to 5 bux as scrap metal by the pound..........

Plus Tard Mon Ami

Wolf_22

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the images you guys. That helps a bunch and I see what you're referring to now about the part that's bent. I have no clue how I did that but I think you're on to something with that...

I'll try to bend it back and see what comes of it. I'll update this thread with what comes of it. Hopefully the thing will be normal after this because I sure don't want to buy a new mower right now.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the images you guys. That helps a bunch and I see what you're referring to now about the part that's bent. I have no clue how I did that but I think you're on to something with that...

I'll try to bend it back and see what comes of it. I'll update this thread with what comes of it. Hopefully the thing will be normal after this because I sure don't want to buy a new mower right now.

Be careful bending things, AND you SHOULD buy the NEW springs, and MAYBE reset the governor ......

Wolf_22

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys--I meant to update this yesterday but I've been dealing with all sorts of things on my end (i.e. - contractor stuff, bad internet at home, tons of work going on, etc.)--but what I was going to say is that it was definitely the bend with that metal frame / support that caused the governor / speed issue (I mowed the yard this weekend and while I had to fiddle with missing bolts, etc. I was at least able to finally get the yard mowed after reinserting bolts where they were needed).

Thanks for the help with all this. You've saved me some money. :)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey guys--I meant to update this yesterday but I've been dealing with all sorts of things on my end (i.e. - contractor stuff, bad internet at home, tons of work going on, etc.)--but what I was going to say is that it was definitely the bend with that metal frame / support that caused the governor / speed issue (I mowed the yard this weekend and while I had to fiddle with missing bolts, etc. I was at least able to finally get the yard mowed after reinserting bolts where they were needed).

Thanks for the help with all this. You've saved me some money. :)

Glad you're up N runnin, ....... DON'T be a stranger.... :thumbsup: