Warranty limitations

mrchuckles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi All,

We are shopping for a new zero turn mower and looking at the Cub Cadet RZT SX50. We live in a sloping area of Arkansas where there are a lot of rocks. We plan to pick up rocks as we go, but I can foresee hitting some. My question is will the warranty cover that kind of damage or is it strictly limited to manufacturing and design defects? I'm hoping it is like my Kubota tractor that covers operator error with a $200 deductible. I've read the actual warranty legalese but had trouble getting through it. Can you please share your experience good or bad with warranty claims?

Thanks,

Chuck

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It does not cover you hitting rocks.

Threads
We all know the more rocks you take out the ground a lot more will pop up and bigger too..........

How much land do you have to keep really trimmed or just cut ??

mrchuckles

Forum Newbie
Threads
We all know the more rocks you take out the ground a lot more will pop up and bigger too..........

How much land do you have to keep really trimmed or just cut ??

I have about four acres that I'd like to keep trimmed with a finish mower and that are hard to get to with my tractor. The rest I'll rough cut with my brush hog. Kubota has a policy that is more insurance than warranty. I backed into a stump last year, bent the mower deck, and they replaced the whole shebang for $200. Given that the Cub Cadet policy isn't that, we will have to do a much better job walking the areas we plan to mow.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have about four acres that I'd like to keep trimmed with a finish mower and that are hard to get to with my tractor. The rest I'll rough cut with my brush hog. Kubota has a policy that is more insurance than warranty. I backed into a stump last year, bent the mower deck, and they replaced the whole shebang for $200. Given that the Cub Cadet policy isn't that, we will have to do a much better job walking the areas we plan to mow.

Drag a peice of chainlink fince around your property with a 4x4 at the end. Real good rock rake.
Rock Rake.jpg

mrchuckles

Forum Newbie
Threads
Drag a peice of chainlink fince around your property with a 4x4 at the end. Real good rock rake.
View attachment 37253

That is a great idea. I'll do it. I might have to replant some grass, but it would be worth it to be able to mow without killing the $3,700 mower I want. :smile:

bullrider

Threads
It does not cover you hitting rocks.

Boy would they be leaving themselves wide open on that one! A $200 deductible would certainly discourage carelessness but just outright warranting a mower deck against damage from someone hitting big rocks with it, I don't see that happening.

Not referring to the OP here... but the general public has no conscience about sticking someone else with the results of their own actions, whether it's running over rocks with a mower or ordering 20 pieces of clothing online and sending back 19 after trying them on. Companies have to have some limitations to protect themselves.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get out the owners manual, and read the warranty statement, specifically the section on normal wear items or what is not covered. Seats, belts, blades, tires, batteries over 30 days(and that doesn't mean day 31) bad gas, improper maintenance, normal wear and tear, etc. And depending on what engine could also have its own warranty guidelines, as well as a separate warranty on the transmission/drives.

At one times there was a 90 no fault warranty on belts ,blades, etc.