2015 Ariens A19A42 Lawn Tractor To Much Compression to Turn Over far

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / 2015 Ariens A19A42 Lawn Tractor To Much Compression to Turn Over far
OK I'll jump on that...I bet it only has 12 gauge if they have it. I have 2&4 gauge for my car stereo and its 3-4 times larger than what they put on this mower. Just fisnished the back yard and forgot how nice this mower rides ,runs and turn radius is excellent. Runs like a sewing machine.

Gonna wash it when done w/front and when I do cables I'll take photo's and post and write about the mod.

NO, NO, NO, ... with the hose !!! a damp rag ... water will get into places you've never heard of and water NEAR the engine is a no-no .. I have used a good cleaner in a spray bottle with a parts-cleaning brush, then a slight "trickling" hose but I had the top of the engine, starter, and carburetor covered with pieces from an old plastic shower curtain, then my air hose to "blow-dry" it right afterwards.. RUST NEVER SLEEPS & CORROSION CREEPS QUIETLY !! some WD-40 is a good thing afterwards..

Ariens A19A42

Threads
NO, NO, NO, ... with the hose !!! a damp rag ... water will get into places you've never heard of and water NEAR the engine is a no-no .. I have used a good cleaner in a spray bottle with a parts-cleaning brush, then a slight "trickling" hose but I had the top of the engine, starter, and carburetor covered with pieces from an old plastic shower curtain, then my air hose to "blow-dry" it right afterwards.. RUST NEVER SLEEPS & CORROSION CREEPS QUIETLY !! some WD-40 is a good thing afterwards..

Thank you for making sure I did it correct. I covered the motor with plastic and bungee cords holding it in place and washed the body parts and deck, tires wheels, ect then ran it for about an hour driving around on the road from the back of my house to the front several times with the trailers loaded with branches and stuff to throw on the burn pile. This way everything gets totally dry. I use a real low pressure on the hose. All went well and the mower never missed a beat nor even backfire . Battery is good and a couple times I din't have to spin it by hand past compression.

So nice to have it running and to pull the yard trailer while pruning.

Thank you so much for your help and making sure I'm on the correct path. Its fun whe things work correctly

Ron

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thank you for making sure I did it correct. I covered the motor with plastic and bungee cords holding it in place and washed the body parts and deck, tires wheels, ect then ran it for about an hour driving around on the road from the back of my house to the front several times with the trailers loaded with branches and stuff to throw on the burn pile. This way everything gets totally dry. I use a real low pressure on the hose. All went well and the mower never missed a beat nor even backfire . Battery is good and a couple times I din't have to spin it by hand past compression.

So nice to have it running and to pull the yard trailer while pruning.

Thank you so much for your help and making sure I'm on the correct path. Its fun whe things work correctly

Ron

NOW... oil change, AND fuel & air filters, DON"T let all your work go down the toilet .. MAINTENANCE !!

Might also want to remove the rear wheels, grease the axles, hit the grease fittings on the steering too... AND tie your sneakers!! ya wanna trip and break your neck !! .. :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing: