Kawasaki FR730V

aarothepharo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone:

I have a Husqvarna YTH23V48. Two years ago I put a new, zero hour, Kawasaki 24HP FR730V on the mower. Runs like a champ. This year I am at 150 Hours and all of a sudden it started running really rough. It only smooths out if I run it on half choke. I drained and put in fresh gasoline, Tune up kit (oil, oil filter, two spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter). It still only runs smooth on half choke.

-I have disconnected the fuel line at the carb and turned over the engine to check the fuel pump, it works great, large volume of gas.
-I took the carb completely off and cleaned the jets.
-Fuel cutoff solenoid opens wide open.
-Gas gets into the bowl fine and float needle properly cuts off gas inlet.
-I replaced the carb gaskets upon reassembly.
-Sprayed all over the intake and carb with parts cleaner to check for vacuum leaks, no leaks.
-I even dripped some oil on the throttle and choke shafts to check for vacuum leaks.

This thing still runs rough but smooths out at half choke. It also runs better under load with no choke. I've always kept good maintenance on the engine.

What should I try next?

Aaron

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like you need to pull the carb again and clean it some more. Pay attention to the idle side of the carb. It sounds like you have something stuck in the idle circuit.

dfbroxy

Threads
Try adjusting the valve lash.

Threads
IL engine is right........ Did you take the main jet out of the emulsion tube AND the nozzle ?? The nozzle has a bunch of holes in it that need a wire passed in them and then sprayed out........

Did you buy a kit ?? The welch plug has to come out if the above doesn't help..... There are 2 holes in the venturi also that needs to be sprayed out.... Those 2 holes go to the cavity under the welch plug....... Those 2 holes are very tiny.........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!