Mower deck 23 Hours and Need to Choke a Warm Mower to Get Blades Going??

jtphenom

Threads
  • / 23 Hours and Need to Choke a Warm Mower to Get Blades Going??
It doesn't make any sense to me that you'd need to use the choke to engage the blades without killing the engine. Sounds like either a carburetor issue or maybe even a governor issue.
I think the shop is trying to pull a fast one by telling you to just use the choke. That's BS. And this is an instance where it's so good to be able to tell them with a straight face that you have not played with any of the settings whatsoever. They can't turn it around on you and claim you're the one that messed it up.

That's what I was thinking too. And I don't plan to play with any settings, for fear I may break something and/or void the warranty. I'm just not sure what to do about it now.

Luffydog

Threads
If this is a warranty your dealer can look up the updates. But yes some had bad heads casting that we had to drill out that is one bulletin. The other was for a evap hose. The other was the jet in the carb was to small and needed resized that is not an update or bulletin. You or your dealer can contact kohler or perfered power in your parts and ask for service tech. Tell them the problem your having with engine and with your dealer. They can point you in the right direction for your needs. But yes be aware if you touch it it will avoid the warranty!!!! Just be nice and patience it will work better for you and your dealer they might not ever had the problem that your mower is having. I had one doing the same thing kohler sent a new carb same thing so it might not help there but after the same thing happened I slightly jetted the old carb I pulled off then replaced it back on a bam ran good and haven't seen it since for that problem. This unit only had about 2/hrs on it when it came back in but it was doing it new from the start soon as he got it home but wasn't doing it when it was serviced and left the shop for delivery. Can't think of the service bulletin numbers right off the top of my head as of now. Can possibly be found at kohler plus or by googling service bulletins for your engine or updates.

Threads
I would bet that you have the Nikki Carb on it ............. How long did it dit for without starting it all winter ????

jtphenom

Threads
I just realized that my mower was out of gas as it died while I was mowing. I have about 4 acres. Last year I was able to mow at least one-and-a-half times before my 2.8 gal tank ran dry. Now it ran dry after half my lawn being mowed.

Anyone have any experience trying to get a warranty replacement for a mower from Cub Cadet?

jtphenom

Threads
I would bet that you have the Nikki Carb on it ............. How long did it dit for without starting it all winter ????
What's a Nikki Carb?

It didn't sit that long. While the shop had it, they started it up numerous times. When it came back to me, I started it up numerous times.

bullrider

Threads
I just realized that my mower was out of gas as it died while I was mowing. I have about 4 acres. Last year I was able to mow at least one-and-a-half times before my 2.8 gal tank ran dry. Now it ran dry after half my lawn being mowed.

Anyone have any experience trying to get a warranty replacement for a mower from Cub Cadet?

Hopefully you mean a warranty carburetor replacement...
If it's using that much gas, does there seem to be a stronger exhaust smell to it? It's hard to imagine anything mechanical that could double your fuel usage without having failed by now (other than a carb problem).
There's one way to find out what's wrong... take it in!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
What's a Nikki Carb?

It didn't sit that long. While the shop had it, they started it up numerous times. When it came back to me, I started it up numerous times.
Nikki is a brand of carburetor.

Threads
Are you still having issue's with ????

I was at my big garden all afternoon and got back here well after dark and dealing with a death of my Uncle.....

That's why I'm posting late.......

If your mower is under warranty by all means bring it back and back and back again they will do it right for you if you do that........

I love getting Riding mowers and zero turns in my shop.... I get to test them out on my grass and my neighbors grass also.....

After a hour of cutting grass it's good to go ................... My neighbors love me ~!~!~!

jtphenom

Threads
Hopefully you mean a warranty carburetor replacement...
If it's using that much gas, does there seem to be a stronger exhaust smell to it? It's hard to imagine anything mechanical that could double your fuel usage without having failed by now (other than a carb problem).
There's one way to find out what's wrong... take it in!
Actually I meant getting the whole damn thing replaced.

It does smell a little stronger...

I keep having them come get it, but then I ain't got nothing to mow with! lol

jtphenom

Threads
Are you still having issue's with ????

I was at my big garden all afternoon and got back here well after dark and dealing with a death of my Uncle.....

That's why I'm posting late.......

If your mower is under warranty by all means bring it back and back and back again they will do it right for you if you do that........

I love getting Riding mowers and zero turns in my shop.... I get to test them out on my grass and my neighbors grass also.....

After a hour of cutting grass it's good to go ................... My neighbors love me ~!~!~!
Yep, still having issues.

I'm sorry for your loss.