Cub Cadet with Courage 19 HP........ No Joke

Threads
Ok ya'll might think I'm joking but I'm not....... I don't have the model number of the mower, but it's a Cub Cadet and has the F N R on the left side and the speed control and blade engage levers on the right side...

Why does the red reverse light want to come on while starting it ???? It will start on choke and die immediatly after startup.....

Now I can press the reverse triangle button and start it with NO issues.... I didn't have time yesterday to check anything real good... I had to work on a tiller also and I had my radio show also to go to.........

No engine issues at all so that throws all the carb blah blah out the window.... Solenoid is working on the carb also......

I have never seen this before....... Bert...... any input ????

And others that are on here

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Make sure the reverse switch isn't grounding out somewhere and think that it's in reverse.

Threads
Yes I did look at that but didn't see any issue with it..... Funds are short and I DO HAVE the good lithium grease and also the contact cleaner when I take the plug connectors apart to clean them well since I did have a 2 way radio shop for 12 years along with my Briggs shop in the late 80's up until the late 90's

I did ask Bert to come on here and put his nickel in since 2 cents ain't worth a damn dollar anymore nowadays LOL ........

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry Boo,
Just got back and skimmed through what had been posted for the last week.
When I see one with a trusted tech on it I went to the next.
Go to up to the top shed & give the boss a hand he had a little end let go on a bike we are going to lend out to some of your fellow citizens in November for the international BSA rally.

I will mull it over but it sounds a little too new for my experience.
There should be a reverse relay that either trips to kill the engine or dose not trip to alloy it to run.
Will dig through the manuals archive latter and get back latter .

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK Bou
Went through the 7000 series MTD manual which is free download from MTD ( mine came from the K & M site )
All the MTD's use the same wiring which is good cause you don't have to work through 20 variations of the same thing.

Looks like you do have a dodgey reverse switch.
IT is a crappy exposed blade on the FNR shift lever so would be prone to shorting out.
I never bothered to try & teach Granny to suck eggs so I ain't going to try & tell a competent tech how to test a mower.
It is all in the manual with lots of pretty pictures, and in colour to boot

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do not put lithium grease on electrical connections, use a di-electric grease. Lithium grease has a resistance property which will cause problem down the road.

Threads
OK Bou
Went through the 7000 series MTD manual which is free download from MTD ( mine came from the K & M site )
All the MTD's use the same wiring which is good cause you don't have to work through 20 variations of the same thing.

Looks like you do have a dodgey reverse switch.
IT is a crappy exposed blade on the FNR shift lever so would be prone to shorting out.
I never bothered to try & teach Granny to suck eggs so I ain't going to try & tell a competent tech how to test a mower.
It is all in the manual with lots of pretty pictures, and in colour to boot

Oops I didn't see this post.... Sorry Buddy / Mon Ami I am not that great with the reverse switches.. Thats why asked you for a little help...

The Cub cadet is a LTX 1040

Threads
Bert thanks for the Kudo's on me being a good Tech.... That's a great compliment coming from you Mon Ami......

Threads
Bert I cannot find a K and M site..... I see a K and T but no go on that one.....

Can you maybe send a link to the site you have ???

Thanks in advance .........