Kawasaki LP conversion converted back to gasoline??

Lawn Addict
Threads
So you run propane? How do you fill the tanks? And right now gasoline is 2.45 a gallon and propane is 3.09 a gallon. Seems like it would end up costing money to run propane. This guy is gonna be running this thing 8 hrs a day.

No, I stated I use 100% gas, meaning NOT the E-10 corn gasoline.

Threads
I agree with Engine Man on propane running longer than gasoline.......

For instance look at all the forklifts running on propane.... I do know that it's not a issue because of running them inside of a building for exhaust fumes.... That means propane burns cleaner and the engine runs better also....... No carb problems with varnish and gumming up.......

jcross312

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, I stated I use 100% gas, meaning NOT the E-10 corn gasoline.

"gas" is a very broad term which also includes propane gas. But thanks for clarifying. The guy I'm putting the motor on for has a fleet of about 20 mowers which all run on gasoline, so I don't think he's interested in having one propane mower. But thanks everyone for the input.

cashman

Threads
I've done a few LP conversions on Kohlers over the years. We used an Impco two stage regulator from AllGas industries between the tank and the gaseous carburetor. One thing to remember about LP is not to run a rich condition on the mixture because it might overheat the cylinder head. LP fuel doesn't have as many BTU's as gasoline per volume so you might see a slight drop in horsepower but mostly unnoticeable on most applications.