IS3100z does not want to start

rinse

Threads
I have an IS3100z with the 26hp Kawasaki (FD731V) that has issues starting. I'll try to run through what I have done and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Background: I bought this mower used, started fine, get it home and issues with the mower starter engaging, the solenoid will click but not turn the motor over. I tested the battery and was getting 12.4-6 volts on a meter. Decided to tap the start and that worked, starter engaged and the engine ran. I thought I found the issue, bought a new starter, installed the starter, and now when I turn the key you can hear the solenoid click but it doesn't crank the engine. If I keep turning the key off and on it will periodically start.
I have tried the following to "test" if a safety switch was faulty:

1. engaged the PTO and turned the key (no click from the solenoid)

2. moved each lever from the neutral position and turned key (no click when they are not in the neutral position)

3. took weight off the seat and turned key (no click from the solenoid)

So I assume, since there is no click from the solenoid when the above items are in a position that is "not safe" that they are working properly and I do not have an issue with a faulty safety switch. I think it is one of the following: faulty ignition switch, bad battery, loose wire / bad connection somewhere...

Any thoughts???

Luffydog

Threads
Bad ground wire check that and also make sure motor is not loose. Check the ground.

rinse

Threads
Bad ground wire check that and also make sure motor is not loose. Check the ground.

Thanks, I'll check that. Also hooked up a battery charger and thinking it could be a bad battery. Its been charging for 24 hours and is not fully charged yet.

rinse

Threads
figured it out. A mouse made a nest under the ignition switch, appears that it chewed the violet and orange wires. Wrapped them with electrical tape and bolted everything back down, turned the key and fired right up....