Engine help identifying engine

ccattie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello Folks,

I have an Exmark Lazer Z HP and one of the coils has gone south. I'm trying to make sure I order the right one, but the label on my Kawasaki engine has fallen off so I do not know the model number of it. My mower specifically is LHP4819KA S/N 510,000-539,999 (2005 Early) - does anybody know what Kawasaki 19hp motor came on that year, how to identify the engine in the absence of the label, OR what the part number for the coil is?

thanks,
Chris

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just call my Exmark dealer and have them look it up for me...

ccattie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't have a dealer. I guess I could just call a random one in the phone book, but I find most small shops are salty to a guy calling just to ask for a part number. I always get the whole "bring it in we'll give it a look over a tune up for a great price".
-c

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you plan to buy the part from them they'll likely be happy to help you out. If you just want them to give you a part number so you can buy it elsewhere then, yeah, why would they.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Gotta be a data plate (or stamped numbers) on that engine somewhere.

ccattie

Forum Newbie
Threads
No dice - called the store I got it from (several states away) and they said even with my model & serial number there are several Kawasaki motors that could have been put on by Exmark. Looks like I'll just remove stuff then order it - nuts.
-c

ccattie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Gotta be a data plate (or stamped numbers) on that engine somewhere.

There might be, but I'm not seeing them. Any idea where to check on Kawasaki motors? As much as I can address this coil issue by popping it off and getting the numbers off the part, I would like to know the motor model number for future needs.
-c

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
No dice - called the store I got it from (several states away) and they said even with my model & serial number there are several Kawasaki motors that could have been put on by Exmark. Looks like I'll just remove stuff then order it - nuts.
-c
Strange. They should be able to tell you. Their database should show exactly what your machine is made of. Exmark makes running changes to their machines, not waiting for a new model year to change problem parts and make upgrades to their machines, so it's always necessary to look up machines by serial number for parts purposes.

Sounds like you have a plan though so I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

ccattie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Strange. They should be able to tell you. Their database should show exactly what your machine is made of. Exmark makes running changes to their machines, not waiting for a new model year to change problem parts and make upgrades to their machines, so it's always necessary to look up machines by serial number for parts purposes.

Sounds like you have a plan though so I guess it doesn't matter at this point.

Yeah she said they used (even with in my serial number range) like 3 different Kawasaki motors. Only 1 Kohler at that time, too bad I don't have that :)

-c

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Contact Exmark with your model and serial numbers. Their data base will tell you exactly which engine came with that serial number.