Deck paint peeling

retfr8flyr

Threads
My Raptor SD 48 deck started loosing the yellow powder coating in big chunks. I called my dealer and Hustler sent them a new deck. It seems they had a problem with a run of decks and my machine was one of the ones in the bad batch. I just picked it back up today and you couldn't ask for better customer service. It only took them about 10 days, to get the new deck in and my dealer installed it at no charge to me. I now have a brand new deck and my guy said Hustler has a new process and no one has had any problems with the powder coating using the new procedures. If any of you have problems with your deck powder coating, you should contact your dealer and see if your serial numbers match the bad batch.

Last edited:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My Raptor SD 48 deck started loosing the yellow powder coating in big chunks. I called my dealer and Hustler sent them a new deck. It seems they had a problem with a run of decks and my machine was one of the ones in the bad batch. I just picked it back up today and you couldn't ask for better customer service. It only took them about 10 days, to get the new deck in and my dealer installed it at no charge to me. I now have a brand new deck and my guy said Hustler has a new process and no one has had any problems with the powder coating using the new procedures. If any of you have problems with your deck powder coating, you should contact our dealer and see if your serial numbers match the bad batch.

KUDO'S ret, I'm sure there are a good number of Hustler owner's that are appreciative of your posting. ..:thumbsup:

mooch91

Threads
I just got my Fastrak back from having the deck shell replaced. Brand new. Very pleased with Hustler's warranty. It was peeling by the anti-scalp wheels and at all the deck height adjustment locations, as well as in a couple of spots around the top edge.

Grass Whisper

Threads
I have noticed that I have a very small spot the is missing a bit of powder-coating by the anti-scalp wheel. Any way of determining if its a an issue or just wear and tear?

Fastrak 54inch deck.

mooch91

Threads
I have noticed that I have a very small spot the is missing a bit of powder-coating by the anti-scalp wheel. Any way of determining if its a an issue or just wear and tear?

Fastrak 54inch deck.

I could catch mine with my fingernail and peel more. It would just snap off.

retfr8flyr

Threads

Fastrak 54inch deck.

Talk to your dealer and check the serial number. Hustler knows the numbers of the bad batches.

kraky

Threads
I have a two-year-old fast-track that just started peeling.... I also had some peeling back by the engine guard right away..... dang I sure don't expect a new deck...... I ll have to check with my dealer.

Jsquat1

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to the forum all. I am glad to see this. Have had my Raptor SD since summer 2016 and the powder coating was just horrendous. I was cleaning my deck today and big squares at least 3x3" and bigger were peeling.

I come from the structural steel business and that adhesion is very poor. I'll be reaching out to my dealer as well!

Thanks a bunch!

BoylermanCT

Threads
Thanks for this info. I contacted my dealer about my deck paint peeling issues, and I have a new deck coming next week.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks OP, I just sent this info to my cousin, who has a Raptor up near your way. :thumbsup: