Zero turn diesel vs Walker diesel mower

Richandtd

Threads
I have used my JD X324 since new in 07 to cut my 5 acres and it still runs like a champ. I’m 62 and ready for a zero turn to spend less time cutting but still have a nice looking lawn. So far I have only researched on line since I want to be an informed tire kicker. I thought that the Scag diesel was the way I am leaning toward. Then I saw some info on the Walker and they have a diesel which also is USA made. So how do Walker mower owners like the steering and overall quality of the machine. It looks to be real intresting and efficient. I’m looking forward to hopefully be buying my last mower and as a retired USN Chief Engineman I worked on many diesel’s in my 21 yrs active and will be going that way.

Walker Man

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m my opinion the Walker steering lever system is far superior to the conventional 2-handed systems used by most other zero turn mowers. Once you get accustomed to the Walker, I doubt you will ever want to go back. I’ve been extremely happy with the reliability of my Walkers. The front deck is a real plus and virtually eliminates the need for a trim mower. Also, their extremely low center of gravity and central placement of drive wheels makes them better on hills than most zeros. The only caveat to the Walker drive system is that while it is possible to back up without pulling the speed lever to the neutral position, if you try to back up a hill with the speed lever forward the mower will likely buck. The solution is simple, pull the speed lever back.