Husqvarna linkage problems

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is a better pic of what I have, and where I think it goes. Thanks all. View attachment 37118

Hold on aj ..... I think the rod in questin is the THROTTLE link rod, it's screwy shape had me baffled too, let me dig through my pics again, and see if I have a few of that particular rod ... PATIENCE !! I have to search through a ton of pics, and I've only had my first pot of coffee........... :wink:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
aj, I'm not 100% sure but it might hook up to an "air-vane by the flywheel, I was searching for pics of the linkages on these model engines ( 44R, 44N, 44S, and a few others when I got my 44R awhile back, here's a few more pics but I'm not sure if they will help, I will go through all my stuff and see if I can find a complete link setup but I have a doctor appoinment @ 9:00 so it will be later 2day......

View attachment 37119..View attachment 37120..View attachment 37121..20170527_105544.jpg

ajwashere

Threads
Boobala, I do remember pulling that little thing off but I don remember that linkage. I will check that when I get home later today. Thanks for all the info and clues! If you have a top down picture that can see behind the carb that would be great. Also, am I correct in thinking that the throttle butterfly is connected to the governor lever? I do not see a direct link from throttle cable to carb anywhere.

Thank again.

AJ

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here's all the pics I could find,...... nothing behind the carburetor,.. so we'll have to figure it out ourselves, go back and study all the pics, SLOWLY, AND carefully........ you might pick-up on something I missed, also included a good video on setting the governor ( a TARYL video)

N LINK 1.jpg..N LINK 2.jpg..N LINK 3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbFyGRixoGA

Enlarge the second pic as much as you can, doesn't it look to you, like the linkage on the left side looks like it wraps OVER a white (nylon ??) protrusion ?? then hook into the thermostat arm ??

KEEP me posted....... Boo

ajwashere

Threads
Boobala, Thank you for the pics and you were right! The long, mutlibend link goes to that vane up top. It comes from the other control horn on the choke. Opposite side of carb. I have completely put it all back together, but it all makes sense now. Thanks again for your help!!

AJ

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boobala, Thank you for the pics and you were right! The long, mutlibend link goes to that vane up top. It comes from the other control horn on the choke. Opposite side of carb. I have completely put it all back together, but it all makes sense now. Thanks again for your help!!

AJ

Hey AJ, do me a favor PLEASE take some pics of YOUR completed linkage for my "Library" ( and your's too! ) I have the 24 HP twin 44R877 model and I had linkage problems, mine has the 2 barrel carb though, your carb is the EZZZZ one to work on, hopin you'll post the pics ....Boo

jsd1987

Forum Newbie
Threads

AJ
Having the same issue, trying to figure out where that multibend link goes to the vane up top and pictures would be great.

besterfe

Forum Newbie
Threads
just joined the forum. have a briggs intec v-twin 44N877-0003-G1 trying to find the plastic piece on the bottom of the the gov link. IMG_8915.jpeg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Can you take a picture where we can see the plastic clip better?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is the bit that the wire clips into then that is what it is , a cable clip.
Never seen them for sale at a mower shop but usually available from am auto upholstry supplier