Craftsman chipper-shredder

deck~dragger

Threads
Model 247-795850

I recently bought this chipper for cheap that needs a few things to work. Of course, stored with stale fuel and small carb issue, no problem to fix, have the parts on the way. The owner did have the manual and the rest looked overall in good condition. I did hear it run and the Tecumseh engine sounded fine to me.
Looked the unit over again in my garage at home. The shredder screen [flail screen] is a curved grate, held in position by a top and bottom pin. What looked a bit odd was that the screen was installed with the curve inward, toward the flail knives. I took the screen out and turned it around and it would actually install either way. When the previous owner started it, with the screen inward, there was not metal contact sounds.
I did watch a youtube video and noticed the screen turn outwards on a used machine. So, which way?

Screen is craftsman part# 781-0457

One reason I bought the unit, was inexpensive. Only plan on using once or twice a year after trimming smaller branches from yard trees.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Parts list shows screen turning inwards.

deck~dragger

Threads
Thanks guys, initially when going through the manual I saw that, just wanted to be sure~ and sometimes youtube videos are incorrect. The carb issue [found that later], a completely missing throttle linkage to governor. Have the invoice where the previous owner replaced the carb a year ago, so either the linkage fell off or was not reinstalled by the seller.