Zd326 new rebuilt engine now cutting out

Fatdaddy

Threads
I know had the cups now this...
I had the engine rebuilt and first time cutting the yard after about 45min it cuts out like it is trying to die.
It picks back up runs strong then tries to die but does not so i put it up..

Get out next day it runs fine cuts fine for 45 min then cuts out tries to die..

is this might be a fuel filter?

Could this be the injector Pump,, when new engine does that have something to change in this pump??

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know had the cups now this...
I had the engine rebuilt and first time cutting the yard after about 45min it cuts out like it is trying to die.
It picks back up runs strong then tries to die but does not so i put it up..

Get out next day it runs fine cuts fine for 45 min then cuts out tries to die..

is this might be a fuel filter?

Could this be the injector Pump,, when new engine does that have something to change in this pump??
More than likely a fuel filter.

Fatdaddy

Threads
he put new filter but says it is still dong it.. Could it be the fuel pump? does that just cut back ??
Tks for your reply

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
he put new filter but says it is still dong it.. Could it be the fuel pump? does that just cut back ??
Tks for your reply

It could be the injector pump. It could be the fuel transfer pump. In my experience an injector pump is not intermittent. It either works or not. I have not worked on Diesel engines that much though since they started all of the electronic stuff. If memory serves me correctly that mower has an electric fuel pump. That would be the next thing I would check.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Turns out it was the FUEL PUMP, i could have should have gone get one but I LIKE the guy. Cost me $244 total $109 pump 135 labor