Attachments Twin Bag Grass Collector not working

DAMatson

Threads
Good afternoon!

I've recently obtained an MTD Twin Bag Grass Collector (OEM-190-180) and have assembled it per the included directions. It is being used on an MTD Yard Machines Model 13A6672G129 with a Tecumseh 15.5hp Engine (OHV155-204509E).

Unfortunately, I'm finding that very little of the grass clipping are actually making it up the tube and into the collection bags. The clippings seem to want to hit the 90 turn and almost immediately loose their inertia and come to a full stop. They end-up clogging-up that elbow.

I'm using the OEM "3 in 1" blades that were included with mower. I've heard that there are blades specific to mulching, so maybe there are blades specific for Grass Collector systems that would make this work more efficiently?

Any thoughts on this kind of problem?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes, you need high lift or 2 in 1 blades, which are for discharging and bagging. The 3 in 1 don't throw enough air. You may still have issues with clogging in some conditions, but they will be much better.

DAMatson

Threads
Thank you kindly for the information Darryl G!

Do you have a favored brandname or model number that you could recommend for that higher lift (as a "2 in 1") blade?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oregon makes good blades that are readily available.

cruzenmike

Threads
Whichever blade has the steepest/tallest sail on the back is going to get your clippings up into the bagger. Also, you need to make sure that your deck is leveled and you have a bagging system that is sealed up with minimal leaks to ensure the air keeps flowing towards he bags.