Comparison Who builds the 679cc EFI CC engine on the RZT SX50?

JimMSr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Who builds the 679cc EFI CC engine on the RZT SX50?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
it appears to be a MTD engine manufactured in China. MTD went to China around 2005 after Briggs purchased Murray and with their own quality specs and MTD inspectors in the factory have their own engines made.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is made by a China company that MTD has owned for a long time. They are just being introduced to the American market. I have herd for some on here that it is a good engine. Toro has been putting it on some mowers for 2 years now I think. I am not going to talk bad about them as we have not seen a single issue on here about them. Just remember China can make either crap or really good stuff just matters how well you pay them.

JimMSr

Forum Newbie
Threads
it appears to be a MTD engine manufactured in China. MTD went to China around 2005 after Briggs purchased Murray and with their own quality specs and MTD inspectors in the factory have their own engines made.

Thank You

JimMSr

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is made by a China company that MTD has owned for a long time. They are just being introduced to the American market. I have herd for some on here that it is a good engine. Toro has been putting it on some mowers for 2 years now I think. I am not going to talk bad about them as we have not seen a single issue on here about them. Just remember China can make either crap or really good stuff just matters how well you pay them.

Thank You.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

Toro use Loncin engines a company that Toro DO NOT OWN, HAVE NEVER OWNED and NEVER WILL OWN.
AFAIK Loncin do not market engines under their own name they make engines to order for other companies.
I think the MTD engines are Ducars but am not 100% sure however Ducar parts seem to fit them