Dixie Chopper Towing Attachments

wlader1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been performing research on my 2007 Classic 27 hp generac engine, I found that it is capable of towing up to 2000lbs. I am wondering what type of ground engaging towing attachments I could use with this beast? I am looking at trying to tow a box scraper as my 2 acre field is very bumpy and although I like rollercoasters, just not when I am mowing. Any concerns I should be aware of or just not a good idea to use the mower for this type of activity... Any comments are welcomed.

Thanks,

Bill

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do not kid yourself the engine has very little to do with towing. The really expensive wheel motors do. You will burn them up in no time with any ground engaging equipment.

wlader1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Got it, is it still ok to tow to the rated capacity or should the mower be left alone to do what it does best; mow.

While on the topic, I would like to start plug aerating, the aerators that I can rent from Home Depot, you fill with water, would that be ok to use at a slow speed?

Thank you for the input, want to make sure I do not cause any damage to the unit.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
The normal is that you can tow 1/3 the amount of weight that your mower is. So if your mower is 1000 lbs you can tow 333 lbs. So may disagree and that is fine but wheel motors are expensive to replace and your mower will be down at the same time. This will also happen at the worst possible time so your grass will get to 2 ft tall and all the neighbors will laugh and complain about you. This is how it always happens. It can not break down right after the last mowing of the year so you have all winter to repair it.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Got it, is it still ok to tow to the rated capacity or should the mower be left alone to do what it does best; mow.

While on the topic, I would like to start plug aerating, the aerators that I can rent from Home Depot, you fill with water, would that be ok to use at a slow speed?

Thank you for the input, want to make sure I do not cause any damage to the unit.

As long as they do not get WAY to heavy they are fine.