MT 23 Readying for Mowing Season Advice

Pochie

Threads
Most of you probably know this but I thought it worthwhile to write about. I bought my Walker new in 2013. I always put about an ounce of Seafoam in each can of gas. After each mowing season I have maybe 1 gallon of gas or so left and put a few extra ounces of Seafoam in..run the engine 5 minutes and shut her off. I have done this for 5 seasons and each Spring she starts right up. Until today. The first try she almost started then died. After that I tried many times with no luck. I put in another gallon of fresh gas and cleaned the plugs and checked for sparks but still didn't even sputter. I didn't know what it could be and was about ready to take it to the shop. I then took the gas tank off, poured the old gas out and made sure there was no debris in the tank. Put in 2 gallons of fresh gas and she started right up. Maybe more ethanol is being put in the gas. My gas station still says 10% but who knows what else is in it now. From now on I will run the tank dry at the end of each season. I hope reading this will aid someone in not being frustrated sometime. Happy mowing to all!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only 2 ways to winter a mower's fuel tank.
Full to the brim
totally dry