Inconvenient Truth

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't know about DARPA or any of the specifics of either program.

DARPA isn't a program. It's one of thousands of government agencies charged with the task of making taxpayers' dollars vanish without a trace.

They're quite good at it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It's the rate of climate change at the present that is extraordinary and unprecedented and there's pretty sound evidence that humans are the cause. But if it weren't for that we would likely be heading back into an ice age, lol. But one large volcanic eruption or meteor strike could change it all, as it has in the past.

I'm an environmental scientist and not an environmental wacko or fanatic. I readily admit that some of the environmental regulations are ridiculous. I had a client who actually contaminated his property and an adjacent one above the State standards with TAP WATER! And the naturally occurring concentrations of nickel, cadmium and chromium in my state often exceed the State standards. Ridiculous! I was the go-between between the private sector and the regulatory agencies in my former career.

YEs regulation dreamed up by people who failed science when they were 12 and never did any more is a problem.
I too fell foul of these non realistic regulations with regards to our lab waste water which had to be pH 7.1 to 6.9 but becuse of all of the chlorine used to prevent alge growth in the pipelines in summer , the summer pH was around 7.6 thus it was illegal for the lab to discharge tap water , and that was before the Chlorine , iron & zinc contents .

The other big problem with Americans is they seem to think the "WORLD" consists of the bit between the Atlantic Ocean & the Pacific Ocean.
So there was snow in the USA so warming is all BS, however down he we just recorded the hottest 12 months , the hottest April day ever recorded , the hottest November day ever recorded , the longest run of days over 45 deg (113 for the scientific illeterate ) the longest run and widest spread of days over 40C ( 104 F ).
The farm where I have my workshop has recieved less rain this year than last year and last year was the driest year on record for this area.

If you can read and understand what you are reading then you will have noticed it was AVERAGE global temperatures are rising, not every temperature.
You will also remember one of the predictions was an increase in the severity and frequency of violent storms.
And thisyer there has been more Hurricanes ( includes cyclones ) and more tornados that ever recorded.
The Hurricanes you lot got have been some of the strongest ever recorded .
Sound like the climate people have got it fairly well down pat.

The really hard bit for clots to unerstand is WEATHER is what you see outside your window
CLIMATE is what you see outside your window on the SPACE STATION.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
YEs regulation dreamed up by people who failed science when they were 12 and never did any more is a problem.
I too fell foul of these non realistic regulations with regards to our lab waste water which had to be pH 7.1 to 6.9 but becuse of all of the chlorine used to prevent alge growth in the pipelines in summer , the summer pH was around 7.6 thus it was illegal for the lab to discharge tap water , and that was before the Chlorine , iron & zinc contents .

The other big problem with Americans is they seem to think the "WORLD" consists of the bit between the Atlantic Ocean & the Pacific Ocean.
So there was snow in the USA so warming is all BS, however down he we just recorded the hottest 12 months , the hottest April day ever recorded , the hottest November day ever recorded , the longest run of days over 45 deg (113 for the scientific illeterate ) the longest run and widest spread of days over 40C ( 104 F ).
The farm where I have my workshop has recieved less rain this year than last year and last year was the driest year on record for this area.

If you can read and understand what you are reading then you will have noticed it was AVERAGE global temperatures are rising, not every temperature.
You will also remember one of the predictions was an increase in the severity and frequency of violent storms.
And thisyer there has been more Hurricanes ( includes cyclones ) and more tornados that ever recorded.

The really hard bit for clots to unerstand is WEATHER is what you see outside your window
3 points for Bert, lol.

FYI the problem with my client contaminating the groundwater with tap water was that the standard for Chloroform in drinking water was 100ppb and the standard for groundwater on his property, meant to protect it for use as drinking water, was 10 ppb. His lateral from the road to the building leaked and caused a "release" of the tap water which had about 70ppb of Chloroform in it. The problem was also chlorination. The water source used by the water company is a reservoir which has some dissolved organics in it. Chlorinating it creates trihalomethanes, of which Chloroform is one. According to the regulations it would actually have been illegal to water your lawn with the city-supplied water, but it was supposedly safe to drink. :confused2: There is now an exemption in the regulations for groundwater contaminated by tap water, but there wasn't at the time.

Russ2251

Threads

Piffle

deck~dragger

Threads
Quite the thread. Did'nt the axial tilt a bit more than usual a few years back? Myself, I like the spring warming up slowly, rather that going from winter to summer in a matter of weeks. This years weather reminds me of the of the springs we had 30 years ago. I did read a book from early explorers in America and in the 1690's they had noticed cold weather and snow on the Va.Appalachians in June.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
This whole thing about climate change will still be around long after our generation is "gone", mankind will NOT give up the internal-combustion engine devices, chemicals, manufacturing, building practices, etc., etc., etc. we have to come to depend upon for our daily existence and I don't foresee us controlling the weather anytime soon, it IS, what it is!! As usual, the weather is just something to talk about. .. :rolleyes: