Inconvenient Truth

2smoked

Threads
This is a sad picture of my back yard as of this morning. This is what a 15 inch snow fall looks like in April. Things were looking promising a few days ago. I was even considering “summerizing” my snowblower. My Lawn Boys will be remaining in hibernation for a while yet.

Message to that so-called “scientist” named Al Gore: HERE IS YOUR INCONVENIENT TRUTH!!! If you think the globe is getting hotter, I invite you to buy a house here and make yourself at home. :laughing:

Attachments

• 3E09CC31-67B1-45D7-A1AB-174732836905.jpg
    3E09CC31-67B1-45D7-A1AB-174732836905.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 26

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
At least I'm a scientist and can actually understand that it's due to the redisruption of global weather patterns. You can't take one area on the planet and make conclusions regarding Global warming. :laughing:

2smoked

Threads
MORE ... of the "LIBERAL" B/S !!

OH—but you fail to see that this is all brought on by the over abundance of 2 stroke powered lawn mowers. LOOK OUT—the sky is falling!!!!!! :confused2::confused2:

Russ2251

Threads
I remember the first "Earth Day". April 22nd, 1970.
Back then we were told that the Earth was cooling down.
This year, in honor of Earth Day 2018 (Sunday), I'm gonna' run all my 2 cycle equipment at 8:1.
Who's with me?

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's one thing to be ignorant, but to be so ignorant that you actually advertise your ignorance is another matter entirely. :smile:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
TO be fair Darryl,
Both side of the arguement have been so selective with the data they they chose to spruke to make any predictions questionable
Both side have happily made outlandish predictions and supported those of idiot morons and when they don't happen, doubt happens
Both sides have exagerated their positions to a level of lunacy and Joe Average end up feeling some one is trying to pull the wool over their eyes.

And most people being relative conservative , lazy & greedy they revert to the default position- when in doubt do nothing.

So by the whole thing has degraded to the Ford Vs GM level which is a shame because the consequences will most likely be catastrophic.
This is why I took the very conservative "peeing in your own drinking water , farting in a room approach and pooing on your plate approach" .
Most people can associate with that and then you have the yuck factor.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I remember the first "Earth Day". April 22nd, 1970.
Back then we were told that the Earth was cooling down.
This year, in honor of Earth Day 2018 (Sunday), I'm gonna' run all my 2 cycle equipment at 8:1.
Who's with me?

While in theory you are quite correct , if every house in the entire USA had a 2 stroke mower, and they all ran them for a full 24 hours, the overall enviromential consequences would be almost impossible to measure.
It would equate to about one hour of the pollution from any one of your medium sized domestic airports.
However the bulk of the population see 2-strokes as dirty, smelly noisy things that smell bad & make their eyes sore , so on a mental level, not a good idea.
If Joe public does not like something and a regulator decides to ban it then Joe public will support the ban with glee.
If the regulator uses all sorts of sham science or strait out BS to support the ban then again Joe Public will believe it is all true.