Inconvenient Truth

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
On Earth Day, I'm tempted to fill my windshield washer reservoir with ATF or diesel fuel and re-route the lines to the carb.

Some mighty smoke screens can be laid down, especially in front of EPA headquarters. It'll put Buck Russell's old Galaxie to shame.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have no problem with those who wish to debate or refute the projected affects from global warming, but those who claim it isn't real are plain clueless IMO.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have no problem with those who wish to debate or refute the projected affects from global warming, but those who claim it isn't real are plain clueless IMO.

Darryl, being you are a scientist, with NO INTENT of ill-will and in true sincerity, may I ask your opinion of any information related to HAARP or DARPA, long ago, I was extremely curious about these programs and eventually dismissed most of it as a "Black-Hole" - "Slush-Fund"... to extort TRILLIONS of taxpayers dollars into the pockets of government, that continues to baffle us with B/S, on avast array of items they have conjured up.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads

It is no longer called Global Warming but Climate Change. I think this is a much better set of words. As it is no longer as scary as it used to be. And it is much more accurate of the naming of the process that is taking place on this earth. The climate has been changing for as long as the earth has been here. It will not stop if and when man is gone. Hopefully, nothing man is going to do is going to change the course of the natural order of the earth. I can think of a few things that would set this world on its head and I hope none of them ever happen. Well, there you have it MY lowly .02 worth. Remember everyone we all live on this 3 rock from the sun and we can make it suck or try to make it better!!!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
That the climate can, and is, changing is not the point.

The point is that there are climate change fanatics, most of whom have never earned a private sector dollar or had to comply with a government regulation, whose goal is to have this country, with 5% of the world's population, tax and spend itself into oblivion trying control the climate of the entire planet.

Not going to work. A pointless, expensive exercise in futility.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
It is no longer called Global Warming but Climate Change. I think this is a much better set of words. As it is no longer as scary as it used to be. And it is much more accurate of the naming of the process that is taking place on this earth. The climate has been changing for as long as the earth has been here. It will not stop if and when man is gone. Hopefully, nothing man is going to do is going to change the course of the natural order of the earth. I can think of a few things that would set this world on its head and I hope none of them ever happen. Well, there you have it MY lowly .02 worth. Remember everyone we all live on this 3 rock from the sun and we can make it suck or try to make it better!!!

I think ANOTHER 300,000,000 DEPLORABLE'S would make life more enjoyable AND peaceful !! .. :thumbsup:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Darryl, being you are a scientist, with NO INTENT of ill-will and in true sincerity, may I ask your opinion of any information related to HAARP or DARPA, long ago, I was extremely curious about these programs and eventually dismissed most of it as a "Black-Hole" - "Slush-Fund"... to extort TRILLIONS of taxpayers dollars into the pockets of government, that continues to baffle us with B/S, on avast array of items they have conjured up.
To my knowledge HAARP was just remote atmosheric sensing technology. Don't know about DARPA or any of the specifics of either program.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's the rate of climate change at the present that is extraordinary and unprecedented and there's pretty sound evidence that humans are the cause. But if it weren't for that we would likely be heading back into an ice age, lol. But one large volcanic eruption or meteor strike could change it all, as it has in the past.

I'm an environmental scientist and not an environmental wacko or fanatic. I readily admit that some of the environmental regulations are ridiculous. I had a client who actually contaminated his property and an adjacent one above the State standards with TAP WATER! And the naturally occurring concentrations of nickel, cadmium and chromium in my state often exceed the State standards. Ridiculous! I was the go-between between the private sector and the regulatory agencies in my former career.