Hona engine oil leak on pressure washer (GVC190 troy bilt band)

dev20tx

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Hona engine oil leak on pressure washer (GVC190 troy bilt band)
I noticed my dads pressure washer leaking oil and I'm not quite sure what is causing it. The leak is at the camshaft pin that holds the timing belt in place. I believe there is suppose to be oil in the area where the belt is, but im not 100% sure. If there is, then possibly the o-ring on the camshaft pin is not sealing the oil in properly? I've posted a video so hopefully one of you guys would know what I need to replace. Just to clarify, the leak is not coming from the valve cover. It is only coming from the camshaft pin where it meets the valve cover holding it in place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTCiS2tipbA

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you really want help do not tack 10 posts onto old threads.
Not only is this bloody annoying when we go to look at todays posts and have to wade through a dozen posts with nothing more on there but "Hello" it automatically causes a lot of people to report you as a spammer, so you end up suspended before you start.
There is a reason for the video link restrictions and it is a good one.

That pin is a press fit so I doubt that it will be leaking from there and if it is loose enough to drip oil you would hear all about it.
OTOH the rocker cover is quite thin and prone to warping I keep a stock of them cause when I service an older mower they usually bend beyond reuse.
If it is as new as it looks, take it bacl for a warranty service.
Honda are very good with their warranty.

Newbytool

Forum Newbie
Threads
I noticed my dads pressure washer leaking oil and I'm not quite sure what is causing it. The leak is at the camshaft pin that holds the timing belt in place. I believe there is suppose to be oil in the area where the belt is, but im not 100% sure. If there is, then possibly the o-ring on the camshaft pin is not sealing the oil in properly? I've posted a video so hopefully one of you guys would know what I need to replace. Just to clarify, the leak is not coming from the valve cover. It is only coming from the camshaft pin where it meets the valve cover holding it in place.

I have the same problem, did you ever find out how to resolve the oil leak? Thanks