Fuel Fuel problem

Givie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All, I am a new member from California that is having a fuel issue with my Troy-bilt zero turn mustang xp with the 25 hp Kohler engine.
I picked up the tractor second hand with the carburetor removed supposedly to rebuild. I have since rebuilt the carb, new fuel lines and installed a new filter.
The motor will only run for 30 seconds if I physically syphon the fuel through the fuel line and then install the fuel line on the carb., then it runs out of fuel.
The fuel line enters the top of.the fuel tank, it must have a fuel pump. Can anyone tell.me where to locate. There is a vaccume line from the tank that goes to a box yet then goes to the carb, yet no hook up for the fuel line.
Been working on for days and frustrated!

Threads
That line from the top of the tank is a vent line.. Look on the side of the carb towards the back of the mower... There is a fatter fuel line there... Follow that back and if you have a fuel pump you will see it... I will have 3 hoses all together on it.........

Let us Know Mon Ami

Givie

Forum Newbie
Threads
The fuel tank has two lines coming from it, both are on the top of the tank. One line coming out of the tank plugs into a 3x5 box in front of the motor/under the seat and then comes out of the box and plugs into the air cleaner housing. I am sure this is vacuum for the tank.
The second hose is the fuel line which again comes out of the top of the tank, plugs into the fuel filter, then travels to the carburetor where it plugs in.
I find no fuel pump on this mower and can not get fuel to travel down the line, resulting in a motor that is not getting fuel.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's got to have a fuel pump on it to work, unless the carburetor is below the fuel tank. Even then, if all the lines come out the top of the tank, it still wouldn't work.

In your case, the fuel pump may have gotten removed with the carburetor and lost in the shuffle.

Givie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree with what your saying, yet I just tried to purchase a fuel pump for this model and was told that it doesn't exist.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Who told you that, Kohler or Troy Bilt?

Givie

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have tried to order a fuel pump for the Troy bilt mustang 50 xp from various online sites and all state it doesn't exist.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Get the model number off your engine and look for a fuel pump for that particular model engine.

If the fuel pump is considered part of the engine (as I think it is), the mower manufacturer may not stock it as part of their inventory.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The fuel pump will be part of the engine and not the mower.
SO to get everyone singing from the same song book.
Please post the mowers full model number from the ID tag and the model information of the engine also found on a tag on the side of the engine.
If it is a ZTR it must have a fuel pump or the mower can not run as you have already noticed.

Givie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Troy-bilt model number.....17WF2ACP211

Kohler model number....SV730