Fuel Fuel problem

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
2439316-S Fuel pump.
Fuel pump goes on the outside of the engine cover. It will be above a valve cover with a rubber tube coming out of it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The round thing shown on the front of this image is the fuel pump.
It will just screw into the blower hosing with some self tappers.
It has a one way valve in it so must be connected right way around.
Fuel in and fuel out on the sides opposite each outer, impulse line goes to the flat side.
https://www.partstree.com/parts/troy-bilt/mowers-zero-turn-lawn-mower/17wf2acp211-troy-bilt-mustang-xp-zero-turn-mower-2011/engine-connection-50-w-kohler-engine/

Fuel pump is a standard impulse pump as seen in this breakdown # 24 393 16S
https://www.jackssmallengines.com/jacks-parts-lookup/manufacturer/kohler-engine/oem-cross-reference/troybilt/sv730-0012-troybilt-25-hp-18-6-kw-2006/fuel-system-8-32-1

Note the intake line is under the impulse line

Threads
Givie ................ Your fuel pump number is 24 393 16-S

Your fuel pump IS missing if the fuel line goes in from the top... It should be mounted above the driver side valve cover... Is there a hole in the valve cover ??

Let us know Mon Ami........

Givie

Forum Newbie
Threads
After calling numerous companies all have stated Model #17wf2acp211 does not have a fuel pump listed.
Also, the vaccume line hooks into a box then travels to the air cleaner housing, this was intact.
Personally, I think the box that the vaccume line hooks up to is a pump that pumps pressure into the tank so fuel pressure pushes the fuel to the carburetor. Only a thought, but possibly if this infact a vaccume pump is out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well I don't know why the hell you are here wasting the time of good people who are trying to help.
It is obvious you KNOW more than the collective wisedom of all of the service technicians who have taken the effort to explain why the mower does not have a fuel pump listed.
Two more have even come back with the bloody part number of the fuel pump
Another two people have told you where it goes.

Well I will tell you where to put it
Up a place that will be a tight fit give you the least nutritional benefit.

Go "THINK"what you like.
It is not a bloody race car it is a lawn mower.
Most have an IMPUSE line that BLOWS AND SUCKS.
You THINK you have a magic machine with a vacuum line and then a vacuum line apparently pressurises the fuel tank and forces the fuel into the carb like a 1960's speedway car or old outboard .

Well obviously I and every one else who actually know what is wrong are wasting our time trying to inform you because YOU THINK YOU KNOW BETTER
Well in that case .
Good By
GOOD LUCK

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Givie, you cannot look up engine parts by using the model number of the mower. Your full engine model number is either sv730-3033 or sv730-3043 depending if you have a 2010 or 2011 and Kohler shows the fuel pump as part of their parts diagram used on both engines. All fuel systems that have the fuel line on top of the tank have to have a fuel pump otherwise you cannot get fuel. The small vent line from the top of the tank creates a vacuum on the tank to prevent vapor escape into the air, there isn't a fuel system used on a mower on the market that pressurizes the tank to move fuel into the carb.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is an exploded picture of your mower from Troy-Built. I circled the fuel pump in red. As you can see it is connected to the engine cover. It will be attached to the valve cover with a rubber tube. Then a fuel line will attach to the fuel tank and one to the carb. They do not use the process you speak of on any mower as a fuel pump. The fuel pump is an impulse pump from the engine through the valve cover. I am also attaching a picture of the valve cover impulse line listed for your mower.
mustang xp.jpgmustang xp 3.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Picture of your mower and the fuel pump. Sorry could not find one on the right side but you should be able to figure it out. Circled pump in red.
mustang xp 4.jpg

DonPamp

Forum Newbie
Threads
2439316-S
Kohler Engines 24 393 16-S
PUMP, FUEL
Parts Tree had it listed