What are the odd's

hrdman2luv

Threads
I took in a huge craftsman mower last year, with a 25hp Kohler on it, that was froze up. I was just going to use it for a parts mower. But, have been thinking about trying to get the engine loosened up.

Would like to hear your stories and maybe some tricks to getting one freed up.

I'll post the numbers later. This is the Kohler with the big muffler on the passenger side.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
You can rebuild them if you have the time, the money, and you can find the parts...! let us know the engine numbers.

hrdman2luv

Threads
I'm mainly talking about getting the crank moving, without having to tear it down. So I can run tests on it, to see if a complete overhaul is needed. Things like a compression test.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
But unless you know the history of it and know why it stop you may do more damage by tying to force it to turn, would be much better for you to take it apart and have a look.

hrdman2luv

Threads
But unless you know the history of it and know why it stop you may do more damage by tying to force it to turn, would be much better for you to take it apart and have a look.

Oh I see. You're right about that. Maybe I'll just oil up the pistons good and try giving it a few tugs with a pipe wrench. What could go wrong. HA HA HA HA

Besides everything.

Luffydog

Threads
Start by first taking starter off it might be locked up and if you have an electric clutch on take it off too then try to spin by hand with plugs out but do one at a time.

hrdman2luv

Threads
Holy smack daddy. I went to push this beast up to the shop yesterday, and something is froze up. Either the brakes or the rear end. I tried another big mower, and all it did was make a hole. The ground is still pretty wet, even the pick up wouldn't move it.

Anyone ever get the feeling that something was going to be one problem after another? That's what I'm thinking. One thing at a time. Little my little, on this one.

It's one of these. Except the engine is bigger. Mine also doesn't have the high/low shifter on the side.
DSCN0317-1.jpg
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/imall8updood/media/bWVkaWFJZDo2Mzg4MjcwNA==/?ref=