Husqvarna YTH21K46 Motor Swap Done. Need Throttle Cable Advice

JonnyBlaze

Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH21K46 Motor Swap Done. Need Throttle Cable Advice
It's me again! Lol.

So a couple months ago I bought a 2012 YTH21K46 with a grenaded 21hp Kohler Courage. I put it aside until I could find new motor.

Yesterday, I found a 22hp Briggs Intek Vtwin removed from a John Deere and it got me wondering if it would fit. So I remembered I had a blown one I removed for a swap in my L120, lo and behold it lined right up, same connectors, and even the drive pulley slid right on.

So today, and drove to Maine and bought the motor. Unfortunately I didn't get to hear it run but only cost me $100 with exhaust and my time.

Tonight I got it all installed. Everything went without a hitch. Only thing I had to do was reroute fuel line to other side (right next to starter cable, is that a problem?) and drill a hole in muffler to mount. Also had to use bolt for drive pulley since the pulley was shorter than the jd one.

Tomorrow I will attempt to start it. Too late tonight.

Anyway, only problem I see, for now, is the throttle cable is obviously toooooo short. The Kohler Courage had the side mount throttle control like the Briggs single cylinders and this one mounts on the front.

Any suggestions? Oh! And what should I do with the gas tank vent hose? I dont remember where it went.

Attachments

• 20180408_181143.jpg
    20180408_181143.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 9

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Johnny, Johnny, Jonny......

YOU need to start reading some mower & engine manuals ( LOL ) the fuel line should be fine as long as it's not rubbing against anything, I'm not familiar with this JD tank vent so no help there, maybe another member has that info., the stack pulley should be close in alignment for the drive belt and hopefully with the deck belt ( if not you may encounter problems in that area ) well.... try to fire it up, and keep us posted ..Boo

John if you're getting into "flippin" mowers send me your e-mail address in a PM then I can send you lots of literature & manuals ( I cant post PDF manuals on the site)

ALSO : watch these 2 video's TO THE VERY END !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7rvHH0IPPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL6WmE7pPKs

JonnyBlaze

Threads
Johnny, Johnny, Jonny......

YOU need to start reading some mower & engine manuals ( LOL ) the fuel line should be fine as long as it's not rubbing against anything, I'm not familiar with this JD tank vent so no help there, maybe another member has that info., the stack pulley should be close in alignment for the drive belt and hopefully with the deck belt ( if not you may encounter problems in that area ) well.... try to fire it up, and keep us posted ..Boo

John if you're getting into "flippin" mowers send me your e-mail address in a PM then I can send you lots of literature & manuals ( I cant post PDF manuals on the site)
The starter cable is a few inches from touching the fuel line.

The drive/ deck pulley is the Husqy one and lines up perfect.

The vent line is the oem one from Husqy gas tank.

I started flipping mowers two years ago. I love it and anything you have to offer would be great! Thanks. I'll pm you now. I'll get it fired up in the morning. Here's hoping its a good motor!

Luffydog

Threads
Like the jd green lol. Buy a cable that's in that unit that a Briggs came out of

Luffydog

Threads
The vent should hook up on the side of your engine it should have a little plastic fitting sticking out for it. Take a better pic of mower with it showing the throttle hook up and leakages should be round near the governor. As far as mounting the throttle cable to the muffler it will melt and will not work for long. Take that pic and post it up.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
JOHN you sent me an email through the forum I guess I got a notice but no email .. I SAID a PM PERSONAL MESSAGE click on my name goes to my profile page in upper left corner see send a PM then its just like you're posting here......

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
NEVER MIND LAST POST ... I got your email go back and RE read my edited post .. sent you 2 youtubes to see

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
The vent should hook up on the side of your engine it should have a little plastic fitting sticking out for it. Take a better pic of mower with it showing the throttle hook up and leakages should be round near the governor. As far as mounting the throttle cable to the muffler it will melt and will not work for long. Take that pic and post it up.

I THINK the little black fitting right above the orange warning label is where Luffydog says to hook your fuel vent line

B&S F.jpg click to enlarge

JonnyBlaze

Threads
I THINK the little black fitting right above the orange warning label is where Luffydog says to hook your fuel vent line

View attachment 36917 click to enlarge
This new motor doesn't have it. Should I tuck it out of the way or do you think it needs to be hooked up somewhere?

JonnyBlaze

Threads
So I need a choke and throttle cable. Choke, I think I can just go to the auto parts store and buy a universal one. And maybe buy two and modify the throttle cable with a longer cable.

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 20180408_221104.jpg
    20180408_221104.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: