TC2 Saftey Switches

mr wayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just purchased a TC2 and was wondering if I can bypass the seat safety switch so as to get off the mower and it not die?

Luffydog

Threads
Better to leave alone as it will cause problems and issues. Not only that they are there for safety reasons and shouldn't be messed with. Turn the pto off and be safe. :thumbdown:

mr wayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh I agree with you on safety. I didn't put it in my post but I did mean with pto off. I read somewhere after posting this that with pto off and in neutral position it should stay running when you leave the seat. Been raining here so I haven't had a chance to try it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Set the brake and you can get off the mower engine running & it won't die.
Is that too hard a thing to do ?

Luffydog

Threads
There you have it turn pto off pull brake arms out off the mower and still running.

mr wayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Set the brake and you can get off the mower engine running & it won't die.
Is that too hard a thing to do ?

If you read my last post, I said I haven't had a chance to try it. Just picked it up yesterday. I asked this on the forum hoping someone with knowledge about scags could answer my question. If I knew I could set the brake and get off, I would not have asked the question. But thanks for your answer.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
That kind of stuff is usually covered in the manual...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you read my last post, I said I haven't had a chance to try it. Just picked it up yesterday. I asked this on the forum hoping someone with knowledge about scags could answer my question. If I knew I could set the brake and get off, I would not have asked the question. But thanks for your answer.

And just to cool things down a bit,
When i wrote my answer these was only one post , your original one.
They do not necessarily appear in exactly the same order that they are made and some on on the same network as the forum uses will have their posts arrive before others, it is just a network thing.
Also if I opened up the thread and while I was writing the answer 20000 other people post, I do not know that till I hit the submit button, just the way this particular site works.
My site softwear send you a warning that the thread has changed from the time you opened it till the time you posted just in case you need to change your post.
While it seems just like a face to face conversation it is really like a bunch of people with note pads & paper

mr wayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
And just to cool things down a bit,
When i wrote my answer these was only one post , your original one.
They do not necessarily appear in exactly the same order that they are made and some on on the same network as the forum uses will have their posts arrive before others, it is just a network thing.
Also if I opened up the thread and while I was writing the answer 20000 other people post, I do not know that till I hit the submit button, just the way this particular site works.
My site softwear send you a warning that the thread has changed from the time you opened it till the time you posted just in case you need to change your post.
While it seems just like a face to face conversation it is really like a bunch of people with note pads & paper

No harm done. Thanks again

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Make sure both control levers are in neutral position and completely spread out to sides. Make sure that the PTO Is disconnected. Make sure that the parking brake is on and you can leave the seat with the motor running no problem.

Hope you enjoy your new machine.