HRX217HYA squeaking

ctexhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
2017 HRX217HYA started squeaking towards the end of the first season but forgot about it until I pulled it out of winter storage a few weeks ago. The squeak is coming from the rear left wheel. Any suggestions of what the best type of lubricant to use? I didn't find anything listed in the Honda owners manual.

Thanks!

TonyPrin

Threads
Take the wheel off and make certain everything is clean. Add a bit of lithium grease.

ctexhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you TonyPrin -- is there a certain area to add the lithium grease? Adding grease in a dirty, or wrong area, often ends up being more of a dirt magnet then good lubrication and counter productive.

TonyPrin

Threads
Thank you TonyPrin -- is there a certain area to add the lithium grease? Adding grease in a dirty, or wrong area, often ends up being more of a dirt magnet then good lubrication and counter productive.

I agree on the potential for grease to get "dirty" but I think you'll be OK. The left wheel has a round drive gear called a pinion gear - actually one small and one large diameter gear. Apply some grease to the small gear. No need to overdo it.

Last edited: