need murray orange paint

Threads
my circa 1960 sears 32"-8 hp riding mower took a beating over the winter even though it was under a tractor mower cover. I need to scrape sand and repaint the rear fenders along with some other miscellaneous chips and scratches
I see a lot of Google sites that have paint for john deere and ariens and others but none specifically for Murray
Has anyone found a good match for Murray?

I can always paint the fenders another color like black or cream/off white but I would like to remain true to the original

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not too many people bother to keep "Murrys" in original paint......but you could take it to a "Colour Magic" store or a "FinishMaster" Supply store and have them scan a sample and match it.....

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
NAPA auto parts store can custom make any color paint you want.

Threads
Not too many people bother to keep "Murrys" in original paint......but you could take it to a "Colour Magic" store or a "FinishMaster" Supply store and have them scan a sample and match it.....

thanks to you and Reynoldston, I have stripped the hood/cowling to bare metal protecting the decals. I plan to paint it with an appliance white epoxy rattle can.
i'll tackle the orange fenders after I see how the white works out.

View attachment 36880
the picture is just after I bought it. The paint damage after one winter under the mower cover is to painful to print.

I'll have to figure a way to protect it next winter

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
attachment doesn't open up friend

Threads
thanks to you and Reynoldston, I have stripped the hood/cowling to bare metal protecting the decals. I plan to paint it with an appliance white epoxy rattle can.
i'll tackle the orange fenders after I see how the white works out.

View attachment 36880
the picture is just after I bought it. The paint damage after one winter under the mower cover is to painful to print.

I'll have to figure a way to protect it next winter
thanks every one I found a really good match at AutoZone
It is Chevy Orange VHT It may not be a good match for newer riders but mine is circa ' 60 's and probably faded but it looks good with 2 coats of clear coat