Brand loyal?

Bessy

Threads
Are you brand loyal or do some research and buy the one that is the best price with the best features? I am just curious if people are as brand loyal with their mowers as they are vehicles.

indypower

Threads
I like my AYP brands. Craftsman, Husqvarna, Poulan. I find for the most part, they are easier to work on and parts are less expensive.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Brand loyalty is tough in the year 2010...
If you want to be strictly brand loyal you have only a few to pick from.
Global competition to make the most affordable, (cheapest), product and have it locally available is tough. Consequently you have a lot of short lived shiny equipment just waiting to be discarded because it is either impractical to repair or imposable to correctly repair.
A lot of this quick turn stuff is sporting names we have seen around for years and tend to trust.

I think in todays market you always have to check quality, check price and IF you are not going to be servicing it regularly yourself, know who will...
Those things coupled with how long do you reasonably expect to have it operating.
I just saw a post about an Allis Mower going on 40 years old, I have a Cub Cadette that is 35 years old, these machines are still working and capable of running decades more... How many of todays mowers will see the year 2045??? How many will see 3 or 5 years of service? KennyV

173abn

Threads
I've got a Yanmar tractor that was made in the 70s,it's diesel,easy to work on and dependable.I bought a used Grasshopper ZTR after a lot of research,it's also diesel and should last me a long while.I also have a JD111 that's still going strong and my dad's craftsman rider that outlived him.the brand don't matter to me as much as to how good the machine is though I am pariial to diesel. russ

Bessy

Threads
I did not realize you could get lawn equipment in diesel. Learn something new every day. I am certainly not brand loyal, I do not have a preference at all.

rekees

Threads
I associate brand with quality but if the quality of the brand ends so does the loyalty.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
if the quality of the brand ends so does the loyalty.

That is just what is happening with several very solid brand names... they are allowing their name to be attached to very low quality equipment...
It really is going to make it difficult for the average consumer to sort out what's what... KennyV

Usedtorent

Threads
I'm not brand loyal with lawn mowers. I don't really have much of a feel for any brands yet. I bet if I find one that works great, I could become brand loyal.

Hershey

Threads
As a whole, I have a certain amount of brand loyalty if experience says value and there's been good customer service. That said, if the company goes south or a new guy comes on the block with increased worth, I'm going to check it out, no matter what the product is.