Flywheel

12apierce

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere riding lawn mower flywheel sticks and engine will not turn over. Manually turn the flywheel a little and the mower will start. Any ideas?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is this a Kohler, Briggs and Stratton, or Kawasaki engine. How about supplying your mower model number as well as the model number information from the engine.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
You sure it's not just a dead battery or bad starter. It just makes no sense to me that the "flywheel sticks" yet you can turn it over by hand. :confused2:

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
could also be a bad starter bendix.......couple that with a weak battery or poor ground and you get a "Lazy Wheel"

Threads
He might be talking about the engine hesitating as in needing a valve adjustment..... When he can get it past the compression stroke by hand then it starts.....

Not sure though.................

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
He might be talking about the engine hesitating as in needing a valve adjustment..... When he can get it past the compression stroke by hand then it starts.....

I'm inclined to check the valve lash also, same as Bo depicts it to be the culprit.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads

I was thinking the same thing which is the reason I asked for the engine model number in the first reply on this thread and never received a response.

willys55

Lawn Addict
Threads
don't you just hate it when they never come back to their own thread?