kohler 20hp courage sv710-0020

maroz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 20 h.p. Kohler engine on my Rhino zero turn mower. Engine turns over and starts with no problems cold. When engine has reached operating temperature and you shut it down, it will not turn over to start. I have all valves adjusted to .005" and just installed a new starter and battery. I have to wait for the engine to cool off before it will turn over again. I can jump start with another car battery while the engine is hot but this is not working for me. Please any advice what could be going on. Thanks

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take your battery to the auto parts store for testing. If jumping works then I suspect your battery is bad. Before you do that get it running and check voltage at the battery at wide open throttle and report back.

maroz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think I have found the problem finally! I replaced the starter solenoid, then I cleaned all connectors really good from battery to solenoid to ground. I sprayed them connections with the red lube and I found a ground that was between some painted surfaces that I ruffed up. Thanks for your help.