Engine throttle speed not consistent!

bullrider

Threads
What is really kinda aggravating is that ethanol fuel actually should be more expensive than 100% gasoline (only due to the stupid cost of making the ethanol) but we are subsidizing the ethanol with our tax dollars. I wish I had the option at local gas stations to buy non ethanol fuel. It's better for the engine and delivers better mileage as well.

Rickcin

Threads
Surging issue resolved!

Thanks to the advice of members on this forum site, my surging engine issue has been resolved!

I drain the fuel tank, bought some fresh ethanol free gas and added Seafoam (which I never heard of before) started the engin, cut the grass (only a /2 acre) and when finished I ran the throttle in several different positions and it was not surging.

Thanks for all of the great advice!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Glad you're issue is resolved, AND thanks for your problem solved reply !

bullrider

Threads
Re: Surging issue resolved!

Thanks to the advice of members on this forum site, my surging engine issue has been resolved!

I drain the fuel tank, bought some fresh ethanol free gas and added Seafoam (which I never heard of before) started the engin, cut the grass (only a /2 acre) and when finished I ran the throttle in several different positions and it was not surging.

Thanks for all of the great advice!

Always resist the temptation to change adjustments or settings that have not changed since before the problem started. Messing for example with carburetor float levels or mixture screws to compensate for some crap in the carburetor is just not good practice. I would have bet that clean fuel and some Seafoam would get you working again.

Rickcin

Threads
Unfortunately my surging engine issue has returned or I have been unaware of it for some time since it appears to happen only after I finish cutting the grass. So now it only happens after the engine is heated and has been running for a while so now I’m thinking it’s not a fuel issue?

Any suggestions or obvious items to check rather than having the dealer come pick it up at my cost? Thanks