Kubota G1800-S Manual Downloads?

badninja

Threads
Hello, I just recently purchased a Kubota G1800-S it has the 54" deck. I have been searching the internet hoping to find a place to download the manuals for it to learn about proper operation, maintenance, oil weight, and capacity etc. with it but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I have seen a couple places to buy what may or may not be the actual original manual lol. But seems there would be some PDF manuals available for download somewhere for free right? I'm also hoping I can find a wiring diagram for it as the lights aren't working on mine.

Anyways, if not, could someone give me some pointers here.. First off this is my first diesel anything. So I need to know some proper maintenance, do's and dont's, etc.

Currently I would like to know the proper way to remove the deck. Being a commercial 54" deck it's certainly not light, the tractor itself is also not a cheapo lightweight mower you can just strong arm over it by yourself either. And unfortunately I need to replace the blades asap as I found the ones currently installed are worn/dented/ and warped to nothing but a soft rounded edge that is tearing the grass with blunt force trauma rather than cutting it lol resulting in a horrible patchy uneven mess. It's just me and my wife whom has a broken ankle. So I need to figure out how to drop the deck and get it out from under the mower by myself and get it back under there by myself as well.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just cause you want it and don't want to pay for it is no reason why it should be avbailable.
AFAIK there are no kobuta manuals available o line apart from Owners manuals.

badninja

Threads
Just cause you want it and don't want to pay for it is no reason why it should be avbailable.
AFAIK there are no kobuta manuals available o line apart from Owners manuals.

"Just because I want it and dont want to pay for it" .. Really? Dude, what is it with you and talking down to people over silly stuff like this? This is the internet, manuals are freely available for almost everything ever that had a manual and usually from the manufacturer themselves. I have an old Case 448, I can easily locate and download every manual ever released for it for free. Its not an unreasonable expectation or request to ask where to find a free manual for anything to download. That's certainly not a reason to make some snarky comment about not how "just because I don't want to pay for it".. Its a support document. Not the product its self. The manuals I have found for purchase for it are not offered from Kubota, I have found no kind of support from kubota at all online for the G1800. The manuals I have found have been from some Joe Blow, one of them even had a picture of a full size tractor that looks like its from the 60's or older.. not even slightly comparable to the G1800-S that it's supposed to be for.

Last edited:

badninja

Threads

Yea, that's about what I've come up with as well. Those manuals pictured in that last link are the ones I was mentioning. Tractor on the cover is nothing like the tractors they are supposed to be for. Good grief though, those prices.. Yea, I'll have to just learn by trial and error before I pay that much. Going to call a local dealer tomorrow and see what I can find out. If they can't locate a manual I'm sure they can give me some tips on my inquiries at the very least. I appreciate you taking the time to search anyways.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yea, that's about what I've come up with as well. Those manuals pictured in that last link are the ones I was mentioning. Tractor on the cover is nothing like the tractors they are supposed to be for. Good grief though, those prices.. Yea, I'll have to just learn by trial and error before I pay that much. Going to call a local dealer tomorrow and see what I can find out. If they can't locate a manual I'm sure they can give me some tips on my inquiries at the very least. I appreciate you taking the time to search anyways.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, best of luck in your endeavor .. :thumbsup:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
"Just because I want it and dont want to pay for it" .. Really? Dude, what is it with you and talking down to people over silly stuff like this? This is the internet, manuals are freely available for almost everything ever that had a manual and usually from the manufacturer themselves. I have an old Case 448, I can easily locate and download every manual ever released for it for free. Its not an unreasonable expectation or request to ask where to find a free manual for anything to download. That's certainly not a reason to make some snarky comment about not how "just because I don't want to pay for it".. Its a support document. Not the product its self. The manuals I have found for purchase for it are not offered from Kubota, I have found no kind of support from kubota at all online for the G1800. The manuals I have found have been from some Joe Blow, one of them even had a picture of a full size tractor that looks like its from the 60's or older.. not even slightly comparable to the G1800-S that it's supposed to be for.

There is a weird attitude out there that everything HAS to be availaible on the web and it HAS to be free as if there is no cost in producing it in the first place.
When the mower was bought the purchaser did not buy the interlectual property behind the mower, he bought a PRODUCT, the mower.
the service manual is also a PRODUCT NOT A SUPPORT DOCUMENT and the people who made it are entitled to to be paid for it, no different to some one who writes a novel or a how to book.
The support document is the users manual and those , by law have to be made available to the ORIGINAL purchaser for free.
Kabota, nor any other manufacturer has any obligations in law to provide any assistance whatsoever to subsequent purchasers unless it was done through an authorised Kabota dealer

Do you expect to be given the full technical manual for your car, all 2000 or so pages of it for free ?
And should this be extended to the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th & 10th purchaser all of whom did not contribute anything to the company who made the car or the manual for it ?
I would certinally like it as it would save me a fortune in servicing fees.

It costs money to write a manual, and if there are lots of photographs, lots of money and whoever PAID that money has a RIGHT to be paid for it.
You expect to be paid for working , so does not the technical writer / photographer / editor have the same right to be paid ?
Some of the manuals we wrote took the better part of a year from the start time to the finish time and for 1/2 that time there was a technician in the studio pulling the equipment apart, a photographer, an assistant & a lighting technician and when it was all over the tech had to put it back together then we had to do the captions and instructions in several languages, proof it , send it back to the engineers to be checked, double checked, corrected then finally released.
Next time you look at a manual appreciate that each & every photo took on average 1 hour to take if done digital and 2 to 3 hours if done on film, and don't forget processing costs for the film and then storeage costs of the trannies.

The fact that some companies see fit to release technical manual to the public is a PRIVILEDGE not a GOD GIVEN RIGHT and usually the companies who do this factor in the cost of providing this service & build it into the purchase price or are using it as an advertising / promotional gimmick. To get the information you have to click through all of the promotional material for new products and because yours is potentially broken, there is a better than average chance you will buy a new one.
If you buy a CD do you expect to have a right to the score and lyrics of the music you just bought ?

And as you might have already guessed I used to write technical manuals and as they do not contain any paid for advertisements they are very very expensive to write, let alone print & distribute.

Now I appreciate greatly companies who make this material available but I do not consider it a RIGHT.
Since buying this business I have spent more on technical manuals than I did for the business and continue to do so on a daily basis.

And nothing on the web is free, some one is paying for it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And for free,
Slip some 2 x 4's. double the width of the deck under the deck then lower it while watching the linkages.
When the pins look like they are in the middle of the holes, stop & remove them.
raise the deck and slide it out on the 2 x 4's
If it is really heavy make a rope loop and slip it between the blade & the deck so it pulls on the spindle.
On some really heavy decks I sit at the end with my feet against the 2 x 4's and pull the rope out.
If it has a hydraulic lift it will be strait foreward, if it has a mechanical lift there will be some helper springs and they will be heavy ones.

badninja

Threads
There is a weird attitude out there that everything HAS to be availaible on the web and it HAS to be free as if there is no cost in producing it in the first place.
When the mower was bought the purchaser did not buy the interlectual property behind the mower, he bought a PRODUCT, the mower.
the service manual is also a PRODUCT NOT A SUPPORT DOCUMENT and the people who made it are entitled to to be paid for it, no different to some one who writes a novel or a how to book.
The support document is the users manual and those , by law have to be made available to the ORIGINAL purchaser for free.
Kabota, nor any other manufacturer has any obligations in law to provide any assistance whatsoever to subsequent purchasers unless it was done through an authorised Kabota dealer

Do you expect to be given the full technical manual for your car, all 2000 or so pages of it for free ?
And should this be extended to the 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th & 10th purchaser all of whom did not contribute anything to the company who made the car or the manual for it ?
I would certinally like it as it would save me a fortune in servicing fees.

It costs money to write a manual, and if there are lots of photographs, lots of money and whoever PAID that money has a RIGHT to be paid for it.
You expect to be paid for working , so does not the technical writer / photographer / editor have the same right to be paid ?
Some of the manuals we wrote took the better part of a year from the start time to the finish time and for 1/2 that time there was a technician in the studio pulling the equipment apart, a photographer, an assistant & a lighting technician and when it was all over the tech had to put it back together then we had to do the captions and instructions in several languages, proof it , send it back to the engineers to be checked, double checked, corrected then finally released.
Next time you look at a manual appreciate that each & every photo took on average 1 hour to take if done digital and 2 to 3 hours if done on film, and don't forget processing costs for the film and then storeage costs of the trannies.

The fact that some companies see fit to release technical manual to the public is a PRIVILEDGE not a GOD GIVEN RIGHT and usually the companies who do this factor in the cost of providing this service & build it into the purchase price or are using it as an advertising / promotional gimmick. To get the information you have to click through all of the promotional material for new products and because yours is potentially broken, there is a better than average chance you will buy a new one.
If you buy a CD do you expect to have a right to the score and lyrics of the music you just bought ?

And as you might have already guessed I used to write technical manuals and as they do not contain any paid for advertisements they are very very expensive to write, let alone print & distribute.

Now I appreciate greatly companies who make this material available but I do not consider it a RIGHT.
Since buying this business I have spent more on technical manuals than I did for the business and continue to do so on a daily basis.

And nothing on the web is free, some one is paying for it.

You seem to be confused. I'm not asking for a technical manual. I'm asking for an owners manual to shed light on some pretty basic stuff. Yes I expect that. I'm not asking for a technical manual of any type. I specifically mentioned very basic stuff. Oil weight/capacity, proper care and maintenance, proper procedure for removing the deck. All info that would 100% be included in the owners manual sold with the tractor. A support document. I was VERY CLEARLY asking for the owners manual. Some products have wiring diagrams available in the owners manuals as well. I'm not asking for a chiltons or hanes on the thing. At what point did I give you the impression that I was looking for the bible that covers every thing under the sun for it? I didnt.

And lots of stuff is free to me or you. Lots of people that are paying for said stuff to be there are offering it to you or me for free.. Not really sure what this snippet has to do with this? And actually plenty of stuff is free. I have personally created lots of content for different things that I have freely shared. Either way, kind of irrelevant.

See there is also this weird attitude on the internet that just because you can get away with it, its ok to be rude and talk down to people for no reason. Who needs manners when you cant see the person you're speaking to? Even if my inquiry were silly(which it is not) that doesnt make it ok to respond by talking down to me. Thats just rude and uncalled for. Im a nice reasonable guy but I hate the notion that manners shouldnt exist on the internet. Its this attitude that makes so many forum boards and chat spaces unpleasant to deal with.

Last edited:

badninja

Threads
And for free,
Slip some 2 x 4's. double the width of the deck under the deck then lower it while watching the linkages.
When the pins look like they are in the middle of the holes, stop & remove them.
raise the deck and slide it out on the 2 x 4's
If it is really heavy make a rope loop and slip it between the blade & the deck so it pulls on the spindle.
On some really heavy decks I sit at the end with my feet against the 2 x 4's and pull the rope out.
If it has a hydraulic lift it will be strait foreward, if it has a mechanical lift there will be some helper springs and they will be heavy ones.

And thank you. I'll keep this in mind. Its actually pretty easy to drop the deck, and remove the pins.. there is a PTO shaft that transfers power to the deck so there are no belts that you need to remove to drop it. And its a hydraulic lift. The biggest problem with it is sliding it sideways. It sets on 4 wheels so moving front and back is not an issue. But sliding it out from under the tractor is not for the faint of heart. We had the deck off when I purchased it as we loaded it in the back of a truck which the deck was too wide to set between the wheel wells in the bed. And it was a major pain for both myself and the guy that sold it to me to get it out and back in.

Have you ever tried furniture dollies? I was wondering if maybe dropping the deck onto a couple of those is possible without jacking up the tractor.. which I guess would still be easier than tugging on it directly on the ground. Then rolling it out side ways would be much easier.