Husqvarna 122L Line Trimmer Carburetor Replacement

logan01

Threads
  • / Husqvarna 122L Line Trimmer Carburetor Replacement
Hi folks. Been a while since I've been on the forum but I've had everything running smoothly for a while. I've had this trimmer since around 1995 and it's been super. Only replacement part has been the muffler and a couple of gas cap gaskets. Gas still leaks out the cap still (I believe) and perhaps where the fuel line enters the tank. I've become accustomed to it running down my arm. It's been put through the mill.

It now has difficulty starting and I'm tired of troubleshooting fuel mix, quality etc. The same mix works fine in other equipment. I'd like to try a new carb but would prefer one that has a primer bulb. If you know of one compatible with the 122L I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

As a side note I was replacing deck belts on my Toro Z mower annually and once, twice in a single mowing season. Got great advice here but ...... Knock on wood, I solved that early last year by simply removing the outer pulley shrouds. Cleaned it well after each mowing however that evidently wasn't working. The belt would start shredding a bit on the side and then would finally break. This belt has been through a complete mowing season (every 10 day average) plus four times this year. Belt still looks mostly new.

logan01

Threads
  • / Husqvarna 122L Line Trimmer Carburetor Replacement
Just a fyi. I'd prefer someone who has first-hand knowledge of compatibility. I saw a couple yesterday online which evidently fall under the category of "one size fits all" and of course saw several complaints of non-fits for assorted reasons. If need-be I have the fallback position of going with the original design.