Clutch removal JD walk behind

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
My turn to ask for help. I have a John Deere walk behind mower which I need instructions on how to remove the blade brake clutch, so I can replace the traction drive belt. Any instructions would be of great help as I hope to do this job tomorrow. Have the lower half of the clutch off, but can’t get anything else to move.
JD Model GXJE75X020121. Thank you in advance, hope there is a JD tech around this evening.

JoeM(GA)

Threads
the dealer I used to be at always took the engine loose to do it, here's the manual pages, my scanner is not working, so had to shoot the pages with my phone.
I hope this helps, mine hasn't broken yet, so I haven't had the pleasure!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you, this at least gives me a good starting point.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is a handy looking manual Joe, what is it & where did you get it from ?

JoeM(GA)

Threads
I worked in a Deere dealer for almost 15 years as a service counter parts man, when the dealership closed I asked if I could get the service manuals I wanted. Since I too own a JX-75, it was one I wanted to get. It's a very well written manual! I've only needed it a time or two to replace cables, but glad I got it.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Kudo's Joe, nice gesture on your part to help (rivets) in a tight spot ! .. :thumbsup:

JoeM(GA)

Threads
It's what you're supposed to do, many on the forums have helped
me over the years and it's nice to be able to pay it forward!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I worked in a Deere dealer for almost 15 years as a service counter parts man, when the dealership closed I asked if I could get the service manuals I wanted. Since I too own a JX-75, it was one I wanted to get. It's a very well written manual! I've only needed it a time or two to replace cables, but glad I got it.

Lucky lad.

When I bought the service run 5 years ago I thought I would be right with mowers as I have been repairing anchient motorcycles for decades and engine wise there is not that much difference.
It was a very very steep learning curve till I had to buy the first of 9 JD service manuals for customers mowers.
A few books told me just about everything there is to know about mowers.
So any one who owns a JD is nuts if they don't buy the tech manual for it

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Joe, I just wanted to give you an update as to what I did. Read over what you provided me and then took an indepth look at the job. Did not like what I gave the customer as a quote for everything he wanted done. Called a friend on the other side of the state (he works at a JD dealer) and asked him about the job. After we talked it looked like I under quoted the job by over $150, because I had never done one before. Called the customer and explained my mistake and that I didn’t feel it was in his best interest to stick that kind of money into the unit. He understood and told me not to stick any more time into it. Came in about two hours later with his wife, paid the bill for my time and bought a new mower. End of story, he was happy with our honesty and I didn’t have to fight with a job I would have lost money on. Thanks again for your help Joe, saved me from going bald. Rivets

JoeM(GA)

Threads
Hate you lost the repair job, but hey ya made a sale, always wondered if one of those take-a-part belts would work on these. They are such nice mowers!

belt like this? -https://www.amazon.com/Accu-Link-Adjustable-V-Belt-Profile-Length/dp/B01AUIU362/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1522891260&sr=8-5&keywords=segmented+belt